Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62109 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default How to protect your script?

Heya,

is there any way to apply somekind of license system in php scripts?
    I had to code a script for a client, kind of a CMS and in order to keep the price down we both agreed that I could keep the rights on my script to sell it somewhre else.
    Though first I would like to add something to avoid the client who bought my script to sell it to someone else. Or even share it.

Any idea?
    Solutho Reviewed by Solutho on . How to protect your script? Heya, is there any way to apply somekind of license system in php scripts? I had to code a script for a client, kind of a CMS and in order to keep the price down we both agreed that I could keep the rights on my script to sell it somewhre else. Though first I would like to add something to avoid the client who bought my script to sell it to someone else. Or even share it. Any idea? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    vaporhostn.com
    The only solution which would be sorta effective would be to code directly in a certain main file which does not need to be edited. Add a ip restriction like say if the current ip is not the correct ip a error message will show not allowing execution.

Then encode that file with ioncube as ioncube is the only genuine encoder which cannot be decoded by "many" people their is only a few who can with the newer version so it would easily fight against nulling and reselling and such.

Banned
    Website's:
    CuraShare.Net CuraShare.Me CuraShare.Info
    I used http://encodephp.org/ to encode small scripts, will this work for you?

ioncube!!!

Website's:
    hotgirls365.com consoleden.com
    Quote Originally Posted by CuraHack View Post
    I used http://encodephp.org/ to encode small scripts, will this work for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    ioncube!!!
    There just encoders, he's meaning how can you install a license system in the script. (e.g sborg, wautoposter.).

I decoded a script once.

The encoded part pulled a txt file from a domain that contained a list of all whitelisted sites.
    it the domain running the script wasnt in the list it didnt work.

Website's:
    vaporhostn.com
    A license system would not be effective, but if it is needed...

Code a simple php script that will check a db or site for key verification make it echo a simple number (1= good 0= bad)

Then dureing install have them enter a key in and if it is accepted allow continue...

Then on the rest of the pages dd a simple function define that checks if a key has been entered or if it was accepted and if not then it will not allow you to continue...

It's simple php.. But like i said a license system can be nulled easily if someone knows simple php...

Banned
    Website's:
    Seecure.me
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonycgb2 View Post
    A license system would not be effective, but if it is needed...

Code a simple php script that will check a db or site for key verification make it echo a simple number (1= good 0= bad)

Then dureing install have them enter a key in and if it is accepted allow continue...

Then on the rest of the pages dd a simple function define that checks if a key has been entered or if it was accepted and if not then it will not allow you to continue...

It's simple php.. But like i said a license system can be nulled easily if someone knows simple php...
    For example, vBulletin installation.
    To skip entering a serial, just remove contents of 'authentication.php' and Boom, bear in mind a lot more is required.

Thread Information