Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61061 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default useradd: unable to lock password file

Hi! I'm trying to add users to my vps but i get that error (in the title) I've done some searching and found out that I have to delete some .lock files. So, I looked at my /etc/ and found .pwd.lock so I tried to remove it. But the problem is, I can't delete it I'm getting error that says read-only file system. Help please?
    flippy07 Reviewed by flippy07 on . useradd: unable to lock password file Hi! I'm trying to add users to my vps but i get that error (in the title) I've done some searching and found out that I have to delete some .lock files. So, I looked at my /etc/ and found .pwd.lock so I tried to remove it. But the problem is, I can't delete it I'm getting error that says read-only file system. Help please? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

In such a case, only your hosting provider can help. If the file system is read-only, the provider need to perform a file system check and take necessary steps accordingly.

Thread Information