Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6967 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default how many Vbullutien board owners are using cloudflare Dns

CloudFlare is a FREE system that acts as a proxy between your visitors and our server. By acting as a proxy, CloudFlare caches static content for your site, which lowers the number of requests to our servers, but still allows visitors to access your site

My question if you are a vbullutien forum owner

are you using cloudflare dns if yes what was your experience with cloudflare while providing security and performance for your website has cloudflare caused any probem for you anytime
    leonight Reviewed by leonight on . how many Vbullutien board owners are using cloudflare Dns http://i3.imgkeep.com/i/00042/8hsqm8gr4p91.png CloudFlare is a FREE system that acts as a proxy between your visitors and our server. By acting as a proxy, CloudFlare caches static content for your site, which lowers the number of requests to our servers, but still allows visitors to access your site My question if you are a vbullutien forum owner are you using cloudflare dns if yes what was your experience with cloudflare while providing security and performance for your website has Rating: 5
    go

2.   Sponsored Links

I do not own a site but as I noticed, lots of sites are down because of claudflare. not recommended.
    "Only great minds can afford a simple style."

Quote Originally Posted by jase07 View Post
    I do not own a site but as I noticed, lots of sites are down because of claudflare. not recommended.
    lol instead cloudflare help to keep your site online even when your server is down

mor info

always stay online
    go

Quote Originally Posted by jase07 View Post
    Well I do agree with that. Some times they received the ddos attacks on their server and my site went offline for 45 mins.

And for always online, that feature never worked and it is just a big hype.

Website's:
    Deezon.com Faheem.biz RisenSources.com TechDint.com

Default cloudflare

Exactly when did this happen damnyou, because I've been hosting with cloudflare for quite a while, and it seems to work perfectly fine. Actually you have said the opposite, their servers can sustain a very high level of DDOS attack, so they are kinda secure. I've got very good reviews about cloudflare, and some of the biggest companies like Host gator trust their customers with cloudflare.

Quote Originally Posted by rock65 View Post
    Exactly when did this happen damnyou, because I've been hosting with cloudflare for quite a while, and it seems to work perfectly fine. Actually you have said the opposite, their servers can sustain a very high level of DDOS attack, so they are kinda secure. I've got very good reviews about cloudflare, and some of the biggest companies like Host gator trust their customers with cloudflare.
    You can check their twitter updates and will come to know about lots of ddos attacks which effects the users sites regionally like server went down in Netherlands, Users sites offline in East America and so on. I am using the Pingdom which monitors the selected locations for downtimes and I have no way to check whether my site is online in that specific location. Last time I only come to know about the 45 mins downtime because their server in Asia was under DDoS attack and I was browsing my sites via Asian ISP. I reported them and they re routed the Asian traffic.
    So if you want a 100% up time and can't bear a single sec downtime then cloudflare at the present situation is not a way to go.

Just my honest experience though I am still using cloudflare but I doubt I'll keep on using them if these situation exists.

Post Hi,

Just a quick note that having an issue in one datacenter doesn't mean all site visitors are having issues. If one datacenter is having problems, all of the other CloudFlare datacenters are still up; this only impacts visitors hitting the datacenter having issues at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by leonight View Post

CloudFlare is a FREE system that acts as a proxy between your visitors and our server. By acting as a proxy, CloudFlare caches static content for your site, which lowers the number of requests to our servers, but still allows visitors to access your site

My question if you are a vbullutien forum owner

are you using cloudflare dns if yes what was your experience with cloudflare while providing security and performance for your website has cloudflare caused any probem for you anytime
    We actually have a number of large Vbulletin forums using CloudFlare. Probably the single biggest concern is making sure you install mod_cloudflare to get original visitor IP. I also have some other tips for CloudFlare and forums.

Post Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by damnyou View Post
    Well I do agree with that. Some times they received the ddos attacks on their server and my site went offline for 45 mins.

And for always online, that feature never worked and it is just a big hype.
    Always Online actually does work. Always Online does have some limitations and considerations for it to work.

I use it for my site, It's good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information