Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61158 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1 domain on 1 SQL server and 2 hosting servers

I want to host my site on three servers which includes 1 sql server and 2 other servers for hosting CMS files. Now the problem is how to sync the files b/w second and third server? In this whole setup, the third server will be the main server. The site is vbulletin forum.
    damnyou Reviewed by damnyou on . 1 domain on 1 SQL server and 2 hosting servers I want to host my site on three servers which includes 1 sql server and 2 other servers for hosting CMS files. Now the problem is how to sync the files b/w second and third server? In this whole setup, the third server will be the main server. The site is vbulletin forum. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Humpty Bumpty

Please somebody guide me.

I tried that but not much help

Try running mysql from a 2nd drive.

This worked very well for waz-warez.

Website's:
    oneddl.eu nfomation.net linksafe.me
    You only need to do this if you're getting serious amounts of traffic. A well configured server can easily handle over 100,000 visitors per day.

But in case you wanted to know, here is what you would do. In reality you would want to purchase all three servers from the same datacenter, to reduce latency and bandwidth usage.

Setup one server to handle mysql and make sure it can accept connections from ip addresses other than localhost.

Setup the other two servers to handle http connections. The issue is that really, you need a further server in order to load balance between the two http servers. That being said, you could just as well set one of them as the load balancer and then have it distribute traffic between its own web server running on localhost and the other web server you have.

If this is sounding a bit complicated to you, don't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gavo View Post
    Try running mysql from a 2nd drive.

This worked very well for waz-warez.

Well thats not a problem as I want to host my msql on the separate server. I am talking about syncing the dynamic CMS files b/w the two servers located on the separate data centers. The thing here I want to achieve is that the second server will act as a backup server in case of the main server's downtime.

BTW will it effect the speed if I host the sql database on the USA server and my main host in Lithuania connected to that sql server?

Quote Originally Posted by okone View Post
    You only need to do this if you're getting serious amounts of traffic. A well configured server can easily handle over 100,000 visitors per day.

But in case you wanted to know, here is what you would do. In reality you would want to purchase all three servers from the same datacenter, to reduce latency and bandwidth usage.

Setup one server to handle mysql and make sure it can accept connections from ip addresses other than localhost.

Setup the other two servers to handle http connections. The issue is that really, you need a further server in order to load balance between the two http servers. That being said, you could just as well set one of them as the load balancer and then have it distribute traffic between its own web server running on localhost and the other web server you have.

If this is sounding a bit complicated to you, don't do it!
    Indeed ya it sounds bit complicated. I don't want to setup the load balancer here. I just want to setup the backup server in case of main servers downtime. Is there any solution to sync the CMS files b/w two servers located in the separate datacenters. As I already posted above, my three servers are located in the separate datacenters with 1st as a main server located in the Lithuania, 2nd as secondary server located in the USA and the 3rd server which is dedicated to the sql database is also located in the USA. In my current setup the First two server will be connected to the third server i.e., sql server via config.php. The ips of the first two servers will be added to the DNS.

Website's:
    Katzbb.com Foxmovie.co
    you must allowed remote msql database to other server

at MSQL have feature about remote database you must put what ip can do remote the database

Waz-Warez has over 1.5million requests yesterday

1 Big server with the services split over drives

Quote Originally Posted by Gavo View Post
    Waz-Warez has over 1.5million requests yesterday

1 Big server with the services split over drives
    Are your server on the same datacenter ?

Quote Originally Posted by cyber.crime View Post
    you must allowed remote msql database to other server

at MSQL have feature about remote database you must put what ip can do remote the database
    I am looking for syncing the CMS files b/w my main and slave server.

Its one big server.

16CPU 2ghz, 16GB Ram, and 3 drives.

I think the next step if needed would be a 2nd server with mysql replication (or maybe replication to another drive)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information