Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61233 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Happy View Post
    Surprisingly that's one of the smallest barriers to overcome. Your friends don't have to have a profile for you to add them. It's not like Facebook where they have to have a page to add them. You can add friends and share stuff with them even if they don't have a profile. It works surprisingly well and is well though out even in terms of privacy with people who don't have profiles.

Wait till it goes live and you'll be able to see for yourself.

well written and thanks .. Hope this is good .

any idea when it's going live ?

2.   Sponsored Links

Orkut could also be improved with all these features as it already includes a huge user base rather than bringing a completely new social network

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Orkut could also be improved with all these features as it already includes a huge user base rather than bringing a completely new social network
    Disagree. The whole privacy issues, copyright and the way it works wouldn't allow this. It's not really a social network. People keep calling it one and comparing it to facebook but it's not. It's a social extension of existing Google products.

I'll use the example of photos as they are a key part of any social experience. When you upload photos to Orkut or Facebook they are compressed and optimized making them useless for editing or printing. You no longer own the photos. Facebook does. If you upload photos to photobucket, tinypic, or Google's picasa they aren't compressed and you still the full copyright to them. They are in your profile to export and do what you want with them.

When you upload a photo through Google+ it doesn't go to a Google+ social network image server it goes to Picasa so you still have full copyright control and can share it with anyone. If you upload a photo to Facebook I can't see it as I'm not your friend but when you upload a photo to Google+ you can chose through it's very clever and easy to use circles who get's to see it as you control full copyright. It can be public or you can chose for your parents not to see it, your girlfriend only or your male friends but not your girlfriend.

This is pretty much the exact same for videos which happen through youtube so you control the videos fully, the quality, adverts and revenue if any and who's allowed see it.

You can't do that in Facebook or Orkut as it's connected directly to your profile. That's what I was on about earlier about being able to share with people who don't have a profile and how easy it is.

Quote Originally Posted by alex17 View Post
    well written and thanks .. Hope this is good .

any idea when it's going live ?
    Thanks
    “How long the testing phase lasts, and how the product evolves will really depend on how it goes,” Google said. “We don't have a set amount of time.”
    I'm guessing it could be as much as a month. You can buy invites on eBay. They are going for upto $75 though.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Google certainly competes with facebook, as seen in the video many things are almost identical to facebook, in future we will see what will be best -> "Google Plus" or "Facebook". I believe both don't deserve so much attention

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information