Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61539 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    ihide.info

Default Facebook testing new homepage design

Facebook testing new homepage design
    By Stefano Elia

It has been revealed that Facebook are once again testing a new homepage design which makes many of the page's elements stationary, while making the news feed scrollable. This in turns allows the user to scroll through a long news feed while still having navigation easily available.

As mentioned on Inside Facebook, the look and feel of Facebook will remain largely the same, which may be a relief to some who have found it hard to adapt to previous UI changes to the social network. However the changes do make it easier for the user to navigate around the site given that at the moment, if you have a lengthy news feed, you'll have to scroll all the way to the top to change to another option. In some sense, the design is similar to sites like Twitter which merge design of scrolling items and stationary ones.

The benefits of this change won't just be a positive for the computer user though, it may well bring greater success to businesses who pay Facebook in order to gain advertising space. The advertising on the new design will essentially be on the page most of the time, if not all, which in turn could make advertising on Facebook a more lucrative business. But developers will also benefit too, the fact that their applications would stay on screen towards the left means, once again, more screen time for them.

Facebook haven't released a new iteration of their website for quite some time now, so it is not surprising that they are currently testing a change that we could soon see on our screens. What is surprising though is that the change hasn't meant a significant shift in the way the social network feels to users, perhaps they are taking feedback from users onboard?
    Source
    ShareShiz Reviewed by ShareShiz on . Facebook testing new homepage design Facebook testing new homepage design By Stefano Elia Source Rating: 5
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    StoneArcade.com
    nice copy/paste, what are your actual views on the changes?

Website's:
    ihide.info
    my actual views are that i dont care. never liked facebook. never will like facebook.

on a positive note. i like your new sig
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Facebook, like any major website, are always testing new layouts. They have a gatekeeper who controls who sees what.
    For example the gatekeeper makes sure profiles linked to tech editors never see test code. Even yor own profile can be different from your friends and it doesn't have to be visual either.
    Google has about 20 different versions of it's code running all the time.

This isn't news or anything new. In fact if you use Google Anatical you can send different users to different versions of your own site to try different layouts and features.

And please read this before you go copying and pasting anymore articles http://www.besthostingforums.com/sho...ewpost&t=88876
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Thread Information