Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61899 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    ihide.info

Default Microsoft's purchase of Skype gets FTC approval

Microsoft's purchase of Skype gets FTC approval
    By John Callaham

The required government approval process for Microsoft to acquire Skype passed a major hurdle today. Reuters reports that the Federal Trade Commission has given its approval for the deal to go through. This means that the FTC doesn't see any anti-trust violations for Microsoft to purchase the Internet phone company Skype.

Microsoft announced its plans to purchase the company on May 10 to the tune of $8.5 billion in cash. Since the deal was first announced there have been some brief outages on the Skype network. There was even an instance of a third party program that was being installed on some PCs via Skype. Some of its users have tried to blame Microsoft but of course these outages actually occurred before the acquisition became official. With the FTC's approval the deal should be able to close any day now.

As we reported last May 10, the deal will turn Skype into a new division at Microsoft with current CEO Skype Tony Bates turning into the new president of the division. He will report directly to Microsoft's CEP Steve Ballmer. Microsoft said at the time that Skype will be used in a number of Microsoft products including "Xbox and Kinect, Windows Phone and a wide array of Windows devices, and Microsoft will connect Skype users with Lync, Outlook, Xbox Live and other communities." Microsoft will also continue to support and expand the use of Skype on other non-Microsoft platforms and devices. Indeed there are rumors that there will be Skype support for Sony's upcoming portable game console the PS Vita.
    Source
    ShareShiz Reviewed by ShareShiz on . Microsoft's purchase of Skype gets FTC approval Microsoft's purchase of Skype gets FTC approval By John Callaham Source Rating: 5
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    mytinydick.com
    no one cares anymore.

Bad bitch in my chevy.

mmm mmm!
    The end of Skype.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

OH GOD!!!!!
    Website's:
    HotNewHipHop.com
    end? doesnt it sound good to be able to skype from pc to console and vice versa?

Website's:
    ihide.info
    not the end.

MS owning skype = MS pc, MS phone, MS tablet, and MS console. thats what it seems windows 8 is based on.
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

mmm mmm!
    Quote Originally Posted by bxflow View Post
    end? doesnt it sound good to be able to skype from pc to console and vice versa?
    Google Voice/Talk.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Thread Information