Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6862 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

mmm mmm!

Default IBM Turns 100

"On this day in 1911, IBM started as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (C-T-R). It wasn't until 1924 that the company changed their name to IBM. Needless to say that a 100-year milestone is quite the feat. While some of us might know IBM for its recent "Jeopardy"-playing Watson computer, a look back shows that IBM has a long history of innovation, from cheese slicers (yes, really) and the tech behind Social Security to the UPC bar code and the floppy disk. One of the most notable leaps of faith IBM took was in 1964 with the introduction of System/360, a family of computers that started the era of computer compatibility. To date the company has invested nearly $30 billion in technology."
    Daniel Reviewed by Daniel on . IBM Turns 100 "On this day in 1911, IBM started as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (C-T-R). It wasn't until 1924 that the company changed their name to IBM. Needless to say that a 100-year milestone is quite the feat. While some of us might know IBM for its recent "Jeopardy"-playing Watson computer, a look back shows that IBM has a long history of innovation, from cheese slicers (yes, really) and the tech behind Social Security to the UPC bar code and the floppy disk. One of the most Rating: 5
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    ihide.info
    IBM turns 100 today
    By John Callaham

On June 16, 1911 a company called Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (C-T-R) officially opened for business in New York City. In 1924 it changed its name to something most of you recognize: International Business Machines, otherwise known as IBM. Today the company that pioneered the modern tech industry celebrates its 100 anniversary.

In a press release today, IBM goes over just some of the products and achievements the company has made in the last 100 years. Among them was the launch of the IBM Personal Computer back in 1981 which started the trend of having a PC in the home rather than just at the office. PCs that copied IBM's basic design are still in use today even though IBM itself sold off its PC business in 2005 to Levono. Before the IBM PC the company was known for making massive computers mostly for large businesses.

IBM has launched a special web site to celebrate its 100th birthday. Some of the company's other major achievements include the electric typewriter (actually acquired from another company), the floppy disk for PCs, the first magnetic hard disk drive and most recently Watson, the supercomputer that gained fame earlier this year by beating the top players of the TV show Jeopardy. IBM holds more patents than any other US company.

Not everything has gone smoothly for the company over the years. In 1969, the US Department of Justice filed an anti-trust lawsuit against IBM, claiming that the company had a monopoly on computers made for business. After 13 years the Justice Department finally dropped the lawsuit in 1982.
    Source
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

Thread Information