Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6948 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    warez-bb.org

Default Website Broken, Need Restore (Urgent)

Hi

I was setting up my website with a buddy but unfortunately something went wrong and website's main page broken and later more messed up when tried to replace previous php files.

Now only solution was Restore. I have requested my Hosting support to restore my website. He told me 1 day old backup will be implement. I was happy that only 1 day work will be lose but Damn he Restored my website from 2 month's before date.

I inform him about this stupidity and he said this
    Then I will restore only the mysql database from backup-6.10.2011_16-39-18_gameshun.tar.gz if you agree?
    Regards,
    What should I do. Let him update from Database. ?

Now I have left only that Home Directory Backup File which was Generated 10th june and I want to apply it. Please tell me how Can I do that.

Is it even possible or I'm Clearly Fuckedup ?

Thanks Waiting for your Reply.
    Mahaj Reviewed by Mahaj on . Website Broken, Need Restore (Urgent) Hi I was setting up my website with a buddy but unfortunately something went wrong and website's main page broken and later more messed up when tried to replace previous php files.<_< Now only solution was Restore. I have requested my Hosting support to restore my website. He told me 1 day old backup will be implement. I was happy that only 1 day work will be lose but Damn he Restored my website from 2 month's before date.:facepalm: I inform him about this stupidity and he said this Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

If you have a site that's running on a MySQL Database, those files basically aren't worth anything (if they're just from public_html), at all.

P.S. Do you have the FULL home directory backup? If it is full, you should have a "mysql" folder in there when you extract it, .sql file should be there.

as you were replacing php files, you have to fix the files under public_html folder, restoring database wont work unless you were playing with templates or something which is stored in database

Website's:
    warez-bb.org
    There is another Confusion Started... Someone learned me to Backup like this

Goto CPanel -> Backups -> Generate backup - > Select Home Directory -> Click on Generate Backup

while my other friend said it is wrong way it will backup only your partial Home Directory Backup and then he told me to use this way

Goto CPanel -> Backup Wizard -> Click on Backup -> Click on Full Backup -> Click on Generate Backup.

I used first one. Which is the correct way or both are the same for taking full Website backup ?

Confused.

Respected Member
    If you didn't choose Full Backup

A full backup includes all of the files in your home directory, your MySQL databases, and your email forwarders and filters. You can back up your account to preserve your data, or to move your account to another cPanel server.
    Then you would have to choose each of the backups underneath it to get them all.

Mainly the home directory and the mysql database backups.

Since you used the home directory only backup, let the host restore your database and you can restore your files from the backup you did.

Thread Information