Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61296 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bow Chicka Wow Wow!!
    Website's:
    scenerls.org wrz.co

Default "Scene" - What is it and how it works!!!!

I see a lot of you here don't understand what "Scene" is and how exactly it works. So here's a guide to understand "scene".

TheScene:

‘The Scene’ is an affiliation of groups all competing with each other to be the first to release new stuff, be it software, music, films, TV, pr0n, games etc. In order to compete fairly the scene has very strict rules on the way that releases must be formatted, packed and presented. There are no shortcuts that can give one group an advantage. The rules run to 1000s of words and are too long to go into here, but they cover for example the resolution and size of video files, including samples, the bitrate of MP3s, what formats and codecs can be used how releases must me labelled and so on.

Scene Rules:

Click Here

The above link, explains the rules and fair do's for scene pre's.

Some Common "Scene" terms:

Nuke:
    Nuke is the term applied by The Scene to a release that for one reason or another does not meet the scene rules. The Nuke may be applied by other members of The Scene or may be requested by the release group themselves. The reasons for the nuke can be anything from something fundamental like the audio and video being out of sync or parts of the video are missing to something technical such as not including a sample or say that the original release was not RAR’d correctly. Typical reasons include oversized, mislabelled, stolen from P2P, bad crop, bad aspect ratio, downsampled audio, bad ivtc and so on. If you see something has been nuked then you should always check the reason. It may not affect you.

Dupe:
    Similar to a Nuke. The release has been cancelled due to being a duplicate. Sometimes this is because two groups released it around the same time; sometimes the dupe is from years ago. And sometimes for more technical reasons.

Repack:
    When a release is nuked for packing reasons, rather than to do with the content it will usually be fixed by way of a Repack, the same content but repacked.

DirFix:
    Often used to fix nuke reasons such as mislabelling. This is like a patch to fix the problem rather than a full rerelease.

Proper:
    When a release has been Nuked this invites a fix by way of a Proper. A Proper is a new release by another group to replace the original. If a Proper is itself Nuked it’s replacement may be called Real.Proper

How to keep track on "Scene" pre's?

There are a quite a lot of Pre Channels and Pre DB's which you can use to keep track of what's releasing.

Pre-Channel:

A pre-channel is usually an IRC channel which lists all the pre's being pre'd.

How to get access to a pre-chan:
    There's a lot of free pre-channels around. Install mIRC / xCHAT and join
    Server
    irc.austirc.net:6667

Channel name:
    #w00t

or

Server
    chaoz-irc.net:6667

Channel name
    #pre

Pre DB's
    PreDBs are websites which store the latest/old pre's

How to get access to a predb:
    http://orlydb.com

Credits to bigbox for writing this guide.

Cheers,
    tehlolkid
    TLK Reviewed by TLK on . "Scene" - What is it and how it works!!!! I see a lot of you here don't understand what "Scene" is and how exactly it works. So here's a guide to understand "scene". TheScene: ‘The Scene’ is an affiliation of groups all competing with each other to be the first to release new stuff, be it software, music, films, TV, pr0n, games etc. In order to compete fairly the scene has very strict rules on the way that releases must be formatted, packed and presented. There are no shortcuts that can give one group an advantage. The Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

thx learnt something new, +1 rep

Website's:
    ExploringPC.com DedicatedSeedboxHosting.com
    Good work. Thanks for those sites you mentioned.

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tehlolkid again.
    WTF? When did I gave you rep?? Well, whatever rep+ to you in my minds

Website's:
    tricks-fix.com
    good work mate..

Thanks mate, +Rep.

Website's:
    LulzAge.com LulzAge.net LulzAge.org
    WTF?! direct copy paste from OneDDL Guide..atleast give the credit to the original writer
    LulzAge ? The Age of teh Lulz
    Launching soon.....Stay Tuned Fellas !

I <3 Fake Boobs ( . Y . ) Do you ? >.>

Website's:
    EastsideHosting.com MediaONAIR.com ImgWiz.com cPadmin.net EastsidePCWorks.com HostedTalk.com
    For somebody that knows about "Scene" and knows rules, the first rule is to never tell anyone about Scene.

However, this is public information anyone can find on the internet and of course this isn't something new too me.

Here's a good book I found.

Software Piracy Exposed
    Buy it or read the full version through a flash paper or download the PDF.

http://djdog2006.com/piracy/
    EastsideHosting - (Web Hosting, Proxy Hosting, Reseller Program)
    MediaONAIR - (SHOUTcast Servers, ICEcast Servers, Reseller Program)
    Server Administrator - (Dedicated Servers, VPS Management, One Time Services)
    ImgWiz - (Free Image Hosting)

Bow Chicka Wow Wow!!
    Website's:
    scenerls.org wrz.co
    fuck off haseeb

I didn't fully copy it

Website's:
    oneddl.eu nfomation.net linksafe.me
    Seeing as you didn't write it tehlolkid, at least give credit to bigbox, who did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information