Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61043 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default How to Setup Cache-control, Deflate and Expire Headers

Hello,

I have a VPS, i have setup all kind of module which basic application needed. Now i want to optimize site performances.

I have gzip compression enabled and tested its fine and working. also enabled the mod_deflate for advanced compression. but i have looked my site header where not mentioned the Encoded = gzip, deflate etc.

So how to setup deflate and gzip so its shows in header when we check the site header through any tool.

second thing is i want to enable the cache-control to my site. i have reading many tutorials articles and follow them but nothing show in return. So kindly tell me how to activate and setup this so it shows in the header the cache-control, expire, etag etc.

Note: i have try all of above things to enable and configure them through .htaccess and httpd.conf file, restarting apache even VPS too but nothing found any change in header response e.g expire time, encode, deflate etc.

Thanks.
    feronso Reviewed by feronso on . How to Setup Cache-control, Deflate and Expire Headers Hello, I have a VPS, i have setup all kind of module which basic application needed. Now i want to optimize site performances. I have gzip compression enabled and tested its fine and working. also enabled the mod_deflate for advanced compression. but i have looked my site header where not mentioned the Encoded = gzip, deflate etc. So how to setup deflate and gzip so its shows in header when we check the site header through any tool. second thing is i want to enable the cache-control Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Is there any help ?

Is gzip showing enabled in php.ini?

Website's:
    host4offshore.com
    Quote Originally Posted by feronso View Post
    Hello,

I have a VPS, i have setup all kind of module which basic application needed. Now i want to optimize site performances.
    leave apache .go with nginx .
    dnt use gzip its makes high cpu

if you have high tariff wordpress blog then install varnish as an cache
    || Host4Offshore :: Reliable, Quality, Fast Offshore Hosting Solution (USA/Netherlands/Sweden/Russia/Romania)
    || Shared , Reseller Hosting Sales Thread
    || Rapidleech Hosting Sales Thread
    || Current Promotion

Trusted: Dom, l0calh0st, 0ccul7, robert420
    Find all threads started by NewEraCracker

Does gzip really make high cpu usage?

Website's:
    host4offshore.com
    yes Hillside
    in my site if i enable gzip its making 3-10% cpu load normaly 0.4-1.2
    gzip just save bw
    || Host4Offshore :: Reliable, Quality, Fast Offshore Hosting Solution (USA/Netherlands/Sweden/Russia/Romania)
    || Shared , Reseller Hosting Sales Thread
    || Rapidleech Hosting Sales Thread
    || Current Promotion

Thread Information