Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6993 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It's interesting to see so many people in one place mentioning they know C++ or C. One thing I am curious about is how well they know it that they mention it and another thing is what they use it for.

Thing is it's fairly complex language and certainly harder to grasp than some other modern languages, that often do lot of work for you. Also it's usage is understandable in environments where speed is VERY important (and even there is at times much better to use assembly instead). Today hardware cost is so low that speed gain is not worth the extra hassles during development - unless it's engine development, or complex bank systems or similar speed critical systems.

So my question is - what do you guys use it for? Do you know C++ so well that you could write some real world application in it? Or you just mentioned it because you took C++ classes in school/college or taught yourself as a hobby?

And as to what languages I know - those that I would mention Perl, Python, bash (some people refer to it as SSH which is not the same thing and is not a programming language) and a bit Ruby. Used C# .NET before (but it was quite long ago and I bet my skills are rusty).

I personally love Python, I tend to write most of my programs in it.

Website's:
    ExploringPC.com DedicatedSeedboxHosting.com
    Java and PHP.

3.   Sponsored Links

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Website's:
    Xenu.ws WarezLinkers.com SerialSurf.com CracksDirect.com
    C, C++, C#, Java, PHP, Python, Javascript, Prolog, Matlab, BASIC, Visual Basic, some assembly, some objective-c, brainfuck (for fun), BASH, some Perl, probably a few more too but i forgot.
    Projects:
    WCDDL - The Professional DDL Script
    Top Secret Project: In Development - ZOMG
    ImgTrack - Never Have Dead Images Again!

Banned
    Website's:
    google.com
    C# and C++ both fully griped

c , c++ , Php, JavaScript/jQuery, html/css, actionScript, vb

a bit of python, perl, ruby, java, bash scripting

Quote Originally Posted by rtlx View Post
    It's interesting to see so many people in one place mentioning they know C++ or C. One thing I am curious about is how well they know it that they mention it and another thing is what they use it for.

Thing is it's fairly complex language and certainly harder to grasp than some other modern languages, that often do lot of work for you. Also it's usage is understandable in environments where speed is VERY important (and even there is at times much better to use assembly instead). Today hardware cost is so low that speed gain is not worth the extra hassles during development - unless it's engine development, or complex bank systems or similar speed critical systems.

So my question is - what do you guys use it for? Do you know C++ so well that you could write some real world application in it? Or you just mentioned it because you took C++ classes in school/college or taught yourself as a hobby?

And as to what languages I know - those that I would mention Perl, Python, bash (some people refer to it as SSH which is not the same thing and is not a programming language) and a bit Ruby. Used C# .NET before (but it was quite long ago and I bet my skills are rusty).

I personally love Python, I tend to write most of my programs in it.
    u r right about that.
    I said I know C++ but I know It on intermediate level (that's why I put it on last place, I just could not resist). But it's really powerful and I hope I will soon be advanced with C++

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information