Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6956 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default VPS Hosting Advise Needed

Hello,

I want a VPS hosting for my 1 website. I don't have experience in VPS. i don't know what is the difference between OpenVZ, XEN, KVM and what are the benefits of each one and which was the best.

Please advise me which VPS platform is the best for running a website ? and what configuration it required if we managed it properly for safe from hackers and specially from DDOS botnet attack.

currently i have offer from one cheap provider for following package. in $8

512MB RAM 1GB Burst CPU Cores 2 unmanaged.

and currently at shared hosting my website usage is 48% and the shared server memory show 4GB RAM it seems that the server have 2GB and its burst is 4GB. (i seen this in php diagnose scripts which show system process and information). so i am confused with configuration. i don't know how much is 48% ? and how much if it increase to 50% to 60% in RAM.

Please advise, how much RAM required and which platform is best and easy and secure for running website.

Sorry if i posted this in wrong section, please move this in its proper forum.

Thanks
    feronso Reviewed by feronso on . VPS Hosting Advise Needed Hello, I want a VPS hosting for my 1 website. I don't have experience in VPS. i don't know what is the difference between OpenVZ, XEN, KVM and what are the benefits of each one and which was the best. Please advise me which VPS platform is the best for running a website ? and what configuration it required if we managed it properly for safe from hackers and specially from DDOS botnet attack. currently i have offer from one cheap provider for following package. in $8 512MB RAM 1GB Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    Try this link for the comparisonof the 3 and their features: http://perfohost.com/kvm.vps.html
    But I think it will come down with you looking at their screens and see which you feel more comfortable using.

The 48% usage for the host doesn't tell you much since you don't know how many users or what they are running.

You can use iptables to secure your site from ddos or many of the premade modules available.

The site you have post is KVM dedicated only. no neutral thing i found at that page.

Also the packages are too expensive.

Banned
    i know a provider that offer firewall etc already installed so you shouldnt have any problems

look at telvps https://telvps.com/nl.php
    or https://my.breezehost.net/clientarea...ction=products they offer upgrades if you need more ram or space etc or you could ask them what kind of a deal can they do on the budget you have to spend

Breezehost package are good, specialy Devx3. could you used there service ?

Website's:
    Elite.SO Defendos.com Motionite.com
    Cheap doesn't mean good quality, just a tip from me. Most hosts with these low prices oversell there node to cover the server costs.

What are your requirements? Location? Specs? Budget?

Defendos BETA3 Released! Thread - Official Website

What is your budget and prefered location? How big DDoS protection are you looking for? Because if you get hit heavy you are looking to spend at least $300-$500 a month for the real protection. Otherwise, a managed provider can setup a firewall for you, it will mitigate smaller attacks.

All platforms have good and bad sides. It's most important your hosting provider knows how to manage it well, without overselling.
    KnownSRV.com - Quality comes at a price, and we provide it at affordable prices.
    PayPal, Skrill(MoneyBookers), Payza(AlertPay), 2CheckOut and LibertyReserve accepted!

Banned
    ive used there service offshore vps and never had a problem or downtime

Thread Information