Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6765 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    WallpaperDigest.com

Default Any way to stop getting files indexed on google searches?

Ever tried searching for *Insert Movie/Game/Anime/Software name here* on google? Something like "5 Centimeters per second download" usually on the first page there's a link from filestube.com which seems to be some sort of file indexer for all the popular filehosts.

I wanna know is there any way to stop getting the files we post indexed by google? That way our files wont get reported to DMCA am i right? Correct me if i am wrong.

Oh and btw, would you mind answering what is the use of the "code" tags available on phpBB? Does it make any difference if we don't enclose our links under code tags?

Also anyone got any tips to stop getting files reported to DMCA? Changing the filenames or something yeah ?

Looking forward to your responses.
    mystaku Reviewed by mystaku on . Any way to stop getting files indexed on google searches? Ever tried searching for *Insert Movie/Game/Anime/Software name here* on google? Something like "5 Centimeters per second download" usually on the first page there's a link from filestube.com which seems to be some sort of file indexer for all the popular filehosts. I wanna know is there any way to stop getting the files we post indexed by google? That way our files wont get reported to DMCA am i right? Correct me if i am wrong. Oh and btw, would you mind answering what is the use of the Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    I am not sure what software you use but if you set the bots to a group that has acceess to see topic titles only and not read the post it should not pick up the contents where the links are showing.

That is how I handle ipb 2.3 on WOW site I manage.

Retired NinJa
    Website's:
    loledhard.com
    just hide links from guests that way it will be hidden from bots like google (unless u have special plugins which allow members permission for google bot)

If u are using VB, just add a hook to hide all the links from guests

You don't hate Justin bieber.You hate the fact you ain't Justin Bieber!

Respected Member
    Website's:
    DL4Everything.com Soft2050.in
    I believe there is no way other then hiding the links from guest.

Since google also searches the text from webpage.

Even if you add nofollow, no index it will only disallow from getting linked to tha tpage.

But if someone searches for filename.rar even if its coded and visible to guest then it will show up in results

Just use this meta tag:
    <meta name="robots" content="noindex,noarchive" />

Banned
    Website's:
    filester.ws Visionize.info
    There are ways to do it.

Here's some links for you to read.

- .htaccess
    - Removing links from google
    Code: 
    http://en.linuxreviews.org/HOWTO_stop_automated_spam-bots_using_.htaccess
    http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=93708
    And as for the reason why we put 'em in code is to prevent the website we're visiting in this case ie. google.com from realising that we are being referred of from a particular site. ie. KWWHunction.

I believe, or i think, the reason this is done so is to prevent from DMCA reports or the file host company from banning a source of its traffic from which there is illegal file hosting(Not that it should actually do so because it would be ultimately stupid).

robots.txt. disallow google bot will do the work, i guess
    The One And Only Pathetic Scamming Kid I Ever Seen In My KWWH Life -->> EnCiPh3r

Thread Information