Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61078 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Lightbulb What mountpoint to use for my data partition?

I am doing a new CentOS install and making 3 partitions: 4gb for swap, 2gb for OS (ext3 with the mountpoint is set as "/"), and then the rest of the space will be a partition for my data. Since I have already used the "/" mountpoint for the 2gb OS partition, what can I use as the mountpoint for my data drive?
    JE7 Reviewed by JE7 on . What mountpoint to use for my data partition? I am doing a new CentOS install and making 3 partitions: 4gb for swap, 2gb for OS (ext3 with the mountpoint is set as "/"), and then the rest of the space will be a partition for my data. Since I have already used the "/" mountpoint for the 2gb OS partition, what can I use as the mountpoint for my data drive? Rating: 5
    Respected & Trusted:
    warezfreak09, JJJ, jayfella, corallinkz, masalalover2010

Scammers (to be hunted down and molested by 700lb trannies with foul-smelling discharge):
    Hero aka herorunzyou@live.com aka vigilantx@yahoo.com (claims to be trusted on ghostmarket and an admin named stealth at screen.name)

2.   Sponsored Links

Never mind, guys. Please ignore this thread - I ended up mounting it to /home, but I've now given up on trying to set up the server after not even being able to get the damn thing to mount my usb key .
    Respected & Trusted:
    warezfreak09, JJJ, jayfella, corallinkz, masalalover2010

Scammers (to be hunted down and molested by 700lb trannies with foul-smelling discharge):
    Hero aka herorunzyou@live.com aka vigilantx@yahoo.com (claims to be trusted on ghostmarket and an admin named stealth at screen.name)

Thread Information