Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6870 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default [Help] Transfer a Domain

hi friends,

I don't know If this is possible...

I found a domain that I am interested in buying, is with Unlocked status.

Can I transfer that domain since is unlocked?
    The domain is not mine...

Yes I know, is a newbie question hehe
    Divvy Reviewed by Divvy on . [Help] Transfer a Domain hi friends, I don't know If this is possible... I found a domain that I am interested in buying, is with Unlocked status. Can I transfer that domain since is unlocked? :P The domain is not mine... Yes I know, is a newbie question hehe Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

It means that current owner didn't lock the domain, and when the domain isn't locked, it's transferable onto other domain registrars, if owner gets hacked, hacker is able to transfer it to another registrar. While when it as locked, hacker needs to have the authorization code to transfer it.

so, I cant transfer the domain to my account because I need the authorization code, right?

You already said that domain isn't yours. But you can easily contact owner of that domain to ask him to sell the domain to you.

If the domain is unlocked, you don't need the authorization code to transfer it onto another register. If it's locked you need the authorization code, for example on Melbourne IT, authorization code is right in your account, while some registrars are keeping the authorization code hidden, unless the owner requests it so he could transfer his domain on some other registrar.

Is saying this:

Current Registrar: tucows inc.
    Registrar Lock: ok
    Administrative Email: Unknown. Please make sure you have access to your whois admin email
    I think that If I advance with the transfer, the owner will receive an email to authorize the transfer, or Im wrong?

I don't get it, lol.. If you want to register that domain, you can't. You can send an email to the current registrant of the domain, asking him to sell it to you. And he will probably offer you to push it to your account on the registrar he registered it on. When it comes to selling of the domain, you shouldn't be worried about authorization code as registrant has it.

ok I get It! thank you my friend for the information!
    the domain will expires in one week, I will wait... If he renews, I will contact the domain owner like you said

Thread Information