Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6971 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Looking for VPS, How much RAM?

I was wondering if I could get some estimations on how much RAM to shoot for when looking for a VPS? We run a vBulletin forum and at peak times have about 50-60 members online concurrently with the addition of anywhere between 200 -300 guests that can browse threads in certain sections (as well as forumdisplays for the whole site) but not post. We're also growing a little every day so we'd like to have some extra room to expand of course. We run a moderate amount of plugs/modifications (maybe 10-15). Does anybody know what we should shoot for approximately?

Thanks
    mme42 Reviewed by mme42 on . Looking for VPS, How much RAM? I was wondering if I could get some estimations on how much RAM to shoot for when looking for a VPS? We run a vBulletin forum and at peak times have about 50-60 members online concurrently with the addition of anywhere between 200 -300 guests that can browse threads in certain sections (as well as forumdisplays for the whole site) but not post. We're also growing a little every day so we'd like to have some extra room to expand of course. We run a moderate amount of plugs/modifications Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    50-60 Members could run easily on a 256 mb VPS,

Cool, even with around 300 or so guests that can browse threads in part of the site? Thanks for the quick reply

Yeh, plus you get burst ram too (well u get it on Plutost lol) so you can use a bit (usually double size than guaranteed ram) more if its available. But it usually is (:

Website's:
    UnderHost.us UHTLD.com PurpleKid.ca UHVPS.com UnderHost.tel Forums.WeHostYourDreams.com
    If you have CPanel/WHM installed, i suggest you to go directly with 512MB DDR.
    more often company offers high burst ram are unusable when servers is overloaded.
    ********? UnderHost ? Providing Affordable and Quality USA Hosting & Offshore Hosting
    ********? 24/7 Fast Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    ********? UHVPS ? Virtual Private Servers & Premium Offshore VPS
    ********? Hong Kong - Singapore - USA - Canada - Netherlands - United Kingdom - Germany - Malaysia ?

xmsax - True. That's why you should choose a serious hosting company that cares about overloading and limits stocks (:

But LxAdmin is more leightweight than cPanel and you can do everything you could do in cPanel. If not you have SSH access .

Thanks for the replies How does Direct Admin compare to Cpanel and LxAdmin resource wise? Or what are some of the best lightweight options?

for me direct admin is the better lightweight option next to cpanel for me personally.... but i didnt have a problem with lxadmin......

with hypervm (somehing like whm, comes with vps) you directly have the option to install lxadmin, so why wouldnt you?

plus, u dont have to worry bout cpanel licences and stuff...

Website's:
    Plutost.com OffshorePort.net Desi-Mobilez.com PhotoshopDesigner.co.uk TutsBy.me BabesWallpapers.net
    Quote Originally Posted by schlupi View Post
    with hypervm (somehing like whm, comes with vps) you directly have the option to install lxadmin, so why wouldnt you?

plus, u dont have to worry bout cpanel licences and stuff...
    +1 to schulpi's reply !
    Plutost.com Asia & Europe Hosting Provider / Offshore Shared/VPS Hosting / Even Better than Gold
    WHMCS License Verify (Catch those scam hosts)
    Tutorials By .Me

Thread Information