Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61234 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mmm mmm!

Default What is a webmaster?

This is a webmaster forum, but do you know what a webmaster is?

can you explain what a webmaster is in a couple of sentences?

I have a feeling that there is a lot here that does not quite know what it is..

Please take some time on your post..you can not explain what a webmaster is using two words.

what are the duties of a webmaster?
    What responsibility has a webmaster?

it will be interesting to see what people know and how much you can elaborate on the subject
    Daniel Reviewed by Daniel on . What is a webmaster? This is a webmaster forum, but do you know what a webmaster is? can you explain what a webmaster is in a couple of sentences? I have a feeling that there is a lot here that does not quite know what it is.. Please take some time on your post..you can not explain what a webmaster is using two words. what are the duties of a webmaster? What responsibility has a webmaster? Rating: 5
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

2.   Sponsored Links

Anyone can be a Webmaster. Basically, Webmaster is the guy/girl who manages the Website. Simple as that. Duties of the Webmaster are simple:
    - To keep the site updated.
    - To keep the site running without any problems.
    - While he can, but it really doesn't have to mean he will post the new content on the Website. As Webmaster's duties are almost always technical.

Website's:
    adminrooms.net adminrooms.com
    A webmaster in the person that maintains a website, and keeping it updated.
    also usually the owner..
    Trusted people: Demon, Gigawiz and Myself??

In my own thoughts, I think a webmaster is someone who actually runs a site. You don't really need to have any programming knowledge at all, because you can use a third party for that if needs be. You don't even need to know how to secure a site, because again, you can use a third party for that. A webmaster is anyone who actually owns/runs a site, in my opinion, it doesn't mean that it is correct, just my interpretation of the word.

@eXploit
    No, not actually. You can't call yourself a Webmaster if you just post the content. Bloggers do the same, and they're still called bloggers. You have to do some work on the site to earn the "Webmaster" rank.

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    A webmaster is NOT someone who uploads wordpress, clicks install, clicks import theme, leeches topic, submits to Katz.

I only consider anyone with traffic other than DDL a webmaster as it's so easy to just "install" a site but a webmaster has to be able to "run" a site. Installing and running are different things. Anyone can install it but that doesn't mean you can run it which involves seo, modifying the site, building up backlinks, UNIQUE content and traffic.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Website's:
    Tastro.org HDTVXviDLOL.com EpisodeSeasons.com FileBorg.org W-47.com
    A webmaster is the person who manages a website.
    LE with your pr2 site? <a href="http://tastro.org/">Tastro.org</a> or link exchance with our category page: <a href="http://tastro.org/i/hdtv">HDTV</a> | <a href="http://tastro.org/i/dvdrip">DVDRip</a> | <a href="http://tastro.org/i/r5">R5</a> | <a href="http://tastro.org/i/bdrip">BDRip</a> | <a href="http://tastro.org/i/brrip">BRRip</a>

Website's:
    tufos.net
    Is a talented guy/girl who knows all the essences of a website.
    - How to code;
    - How to design;
    - How to be unique;
    - How to understand and improve;
    - How to target people and socialize with them;
    - How to manage a campaign to drive traffic;
    - How to run the site in a serious and administrative way;
    - How to plan changes, effects and consequeces before a action;
    - How to select and manage a people of same/higher-talented level;
    - How to understand hot trends and benefits;
    - [...] endless essences.

Website's:
    reddit.com
    A webmaster is the guy who is getting paid to keep a website online, secure and optimized.

All that stuff about traffic mentioned above, is not a webmaster's business, but the marketer's.
    99.9&#37; of the websites run by KWWH members, that two jobs are handled by the same person. Doesn't make promotion a webmaster's job though.
    I design free logos. click here.

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac_ View Post
    A webmaster is the guy who is getting paid to keep a website online, secure and optimized.

All that stuff about traffic mentioned above, is not a webmaster's business, but the marketer's.
    99.9&#37; of the websites run by KWWH members, that two jobs are handled by the same person. Doesn't make promotion a webmaster's job though.
    Disagree. A webmasters job is not just to keep a site online, secure and optimized.

Here's my opinion for a very large site.

Coder:
    Coding, programing, bug fixing updates.

Designer:
    Works on layout and user interface. Comes up with ideas for new features.

GFX Artist:
    Works on the graphics of the site as laid out by the designer

Marketing
    Responsible for advertising, promotion

SEO Consultant (only for very large sites)
    Works with the marketing and coders to modify the site to increase organic traffic.

Accountant
    pretty simple. manages the finances of the site

Management
    Holds overall responsibility for the site.

Now all of the above work as a team. None of them can work without interaction with the other areas and depending on the site more or less areas or people may exist.

For smaller sites you don't have all those separate people and area and you generally have a Webmaster who is responsible for them all. A good webmaster is an all rounder like aishamontreal said who has a basic knowledge in all the above.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information