Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6995 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Kloxo help (Noob) DNS settings Domain settings

I only have experience with shared hosting. And it worked fine because they give you the DNS ns1/ns2 names and ftp logins and stuff...

but I have a spare VPS so I thought lets have some fun with my own webhosting. And it's not going too smooth

I have kloxo set up, and i remember the first time i logged in, it asked about some security option (whitelist), I understood that. But after that it asked about DNS settings and stuff. Now i'm stuck. Do i need a domain that i registered for ns1/ns2.mydomainhere.com or.... ?

I remember writing a random name for the DNS settings when I bought the VPS.

I am using a free domain currently, co *dot* cc

Any kind souls can teach me the basics so that I can get a few domains running on this VPS? I've done my own research for like 3 days but all the information is all over the place, I just do not know how to piece them up together so that the make sense

THanks alot!

Would be great if we can chat in MSN or AIM or Yahoo
    Master Server Reviewed by Master Server on . Kloxo help (Noob) DNS settings Domain settings I only have experience with shared hosting. And it worked fine because they give you the DNS ns1/ns2 names and ftp logins and stuff... but I have a spare VPS so I thought lets have some fun with my own webhosting. And it's not going too smooth :P I have kloxo set up, and i remember the first time i logged in, it asked about some security option (whitelist), I understood that. But after that it asked about DNS settings and stuff. Now i'm stuck. Do i need a domain that i registered for Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    warezmasti.com warezstrings.com innoxeon.com
    add me on msn i will help you.

I think you have to try put your server ip in the nameservers at co. cc because you can't register nameservers with them.

Quote Originally Posted by InnoX View Post
    Ahhh great! Will add soon (after i take a bath because I was too engrossed on looking for answers online!!! no kid)

Quote Originally Posted by killer123 View Post
    I think you have to try put your server ip in the nameservers at co. cc because you can't register nameservers with them.
    ahh that was what i was thinking too! but i didnt know if it actually made sense. Since you said it, I might try it after this. Thanks!

InnoX, I added you.

Quote Originally Posted by InnoX View Post
    Many thanks for the help InnoX! Now i know how it works.

Looks like I'll need a proper TLD first

I'll see how it goes.

Thread Information