Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61146 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Exclamation Megaupload Policy About Paying - Fraud??

I recently started using MU, but today i noticed this "rule" in FAQ about paying:

Q: I have heard that I can earn premium status and cash from people downloading my files. Is that true?

A: Yes, it is! Every qualifying download of one of your files will earn you a reward point. When you have reached a certain number of points, you can redeem them for premium status or even cash. If you have popular content that you have the rights to distribute, this program is for you. If you are trying to earn money by posting files that infringe on the rights of others, forget about it. You will be disqualified.
    So, my question is: Will they pay when the time comes?
    Or they will just disqualify me, for distributing copyrighted material?

Does anyone know?
    twinkle1452 Reviewed by twinkle1452 on . Megaupload Policy About Paying - Fraud?? I recently started using MU, but today i noticed this "rule" in FAQ about paying: So, my question is: Will they pay when the time comes? Or they will just disqualify me, for distributing copyrighted material? Does anyone know? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    StoneArcade.com
    lol @ the title of this thread. And yes if they find u are distributing warez you will be disqualified from the payment thing they have.

Your title makes me laugh calling it a fraud,may consider looking up the definition of 'Fraud'.They state it clearly in the tos how can this be fraud then? lol

Thank you for your reply iMage
    But they are being advertised in warez, and they declare they pay, and they encourage you register and share "files" using their service, only to disqualify you at the time of payment.. How would you call it that then?

Website's:
    StoneArcade.com
    read the tos of any site,, i laugh at this noob argument all the time. Megaupload DOES NOT advertise on any warez site at all actually,they dont have to. And any filehost if you break the tos of the site will withhold payments

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iMage View Post
    lol @ the title of this thread. And yes if they find u are distributing warez you will be disqualified from the payment thing they have.

Your title makes me laugh calling it a fraud,may consider looking up the definition of 'Fraud'.They state it clearly in the tos how can this be fraud then? lol
    I laughed too hahaha It's even in the FAQ that illegal files are not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by twinkle1452 View Post
    Thank you for your reply iMage
    But they are being advertised in warez, and they declare they pay, and they encourage you register and share "files" using their service, only to disqualify you at the time of payment.. How would you call it that then?
    Get off the net lol

Website's:
    tehparadox.com
    They pay. Took about a month for them to process it, but they pay.

Although I stopped uploading to them because of how difficult it is to upload to them and they only pay for files up to 100MB.

Google my username and you'll see what type of content I upload.

Website's:
    managedhybrid.com
    Take this rule of thumb; just because other people upload "warez" and get paid for it does not mean they allow it. Do not assume they know all their users are uploading warez if they knew and they are paying them they would be in trouble but is impossible to prove that.

They can take out for warez or any other reason they see fit. The TOS can be updated at any given time and restrict access.

Quote Originally Posted by sting2324 View Post
    They pay. Took about a month for them to process it, but they pay.

Although I stopped uploading to them because of how difficult it is to upload to them and they only pay for files up to 100MB.

Google my username and you'll see what type of content I upload.

Thank you very much sting2324 for your reply.
    It's much appreciated

Thread Information