Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61050 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Paypal dispute

Didn't know where else to post this, figured it might as well go in here.

--

I was a Game Master (aka moderator, technical support) on a game. I provided technical support (lasting 2-3 hours per day) for about 2 weeks to this one donor (I got told to by the Owners) and because of how much I had to help him, I received a tip.

The donor donated for in-game items which he received on his character, what I did was simply add the items to the character as well as give him race changes, class changes, etc.

After about a month this guy is now banned from the server or left, not sure since I am no longer a GM on that server and this asshole has decided to charge back and I've filled out the dispute on paypal and escalated it to a claim but now they are asking this:

- Issue the buyer a full refund.
    - I can provide proof that the item was shipped.
    - Provide proof that the buyer has already been refunded.

Since it is a virtual item I cannot give proof for that it was shipped, I certainly won't (and can't) refund him so what should I do?
    Time Reviewed by Time on . Paypal dispute Didn't know where else to post this, figured it might as well go in here. -- I was a Game Master (aka moderator, technical support) on a game. I provided technical support (lasting 2-3 hours per day) for about 2 weeks to this one donor (I got told to by the Owners) and because of how much I had to help him, I received a tip. The donor donated for in-game items which he received on his character, what I did was simply add the items to the character as well as give him race changes, Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    ihide.info experthide.com hideonthe.net
    Since its a virtual item just call pp and tell them.

If they know its a virtual item will they close the dispute?

Website's:
    takeashotatlife.com allnewbeats.com xavierkedzierski.com
    Yes, you can't claim a dispute for virtual stuff. I already encounter that excuse when I opened a dispute

Thank you! Just have to contact them and provide some information to the donation page showing it is virtual items.

Just note that paypals TOS state that they dont provide a refund for "any" virtual sale items. Might can use this to help you.

Virtual... so I can sell PHP scripts, if they want refund. I just say "PayPal's TOS state that they dont provide a refund for "any" virtual sale items." then they will drop the dispute?

Made by Envee :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mp3Drug View Post
    Virtual... so I can sell PHP scripts, if they want refund. I just say "PayPal's TOS state that they dont provide a refund for "any" virtual sale items." then they will drop the dispute?
    I sell Wordpress themes on Since83.Com and i have never had to give a refund because of Paypals TOS.

Website's:
    takeashotatlife.com allnewbeats.com xavierkedzierski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp3Drug View Post
    I don't think their TOS term of "virtual" means everything on the internet (files,scripts,etc...), I think it's more like a virtual service like Time's problem

Quote Originally Posted by Kedzi View Post
    I don't think their TOS term of "virtual" means everything on the internet (files,scripts,etc...), I think it's more like a virtual service like Time's problem
    No it means any non tangible items online numb nuts. otherwise a user could buy a script, download it and then get there money back over and over again. They dont want this to happen so they dont give refunds. Read the TOS before you tell me what im talking about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information