Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61188 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to transfer site from one server to another?

I need help with transferring my site from Hostgator Shared server to Shinjiru VPS. Since I'm a noob when it comes to all that (please don't start with 'why you have site in the first place if you know nothing' =_= ) I asked Shinjiru to do it for me. And it's been taking too long. First guy who does that wasn't available, then they said that I must pay (even tho they didn't mentioned it first time I asked) and I was ok with it, but price went from 50$ per hour to 250$!?!?
    I'm not trying to talk shit about Shinjiru or anything I just need guide how to do it. I searched whole internet trying to find some detailed tutorial, because just saying use this or that doesn't help me at all
    I'm currently doing backup (emails, databases and all) but what next?
    BreBre Reviewed by BreBre on . How to transfer site from one server to another? I need help with transferring my site from Hostgator Shared server to Shinjiru VPS. Since I'm a noob when it comes to all that (please don't start with 'why you have site in the first place if you know nothing' =_= ) I asked Shinjiru to do it for me. And it's been taking too long. First guy who does that wasn't available, then they said that I must pay (even tho they didn't mentioned it first time I asked) and I was ok with it, but price went from 50$ per hour to 250$!?!? :O I'm not trying to Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

upload the backup to your new vps first install cpanel to your vps and then upload the backup files
    that's it

I think I have it installed I see it when I log in to WHM. Or that's not it? If not how to install it? o_O
    Guy from Shinjiru told me to create acc and log in to via FTP and upload files o_O and I read that I can transfer it with transfer option on WHM (Copy an account from another server or Copy an account from another server with account password).
    So I guess I should create new account in WHM since I got none T^T
    When creating account should I use same name and password like the one I have on Hostgator? And in DNS settings when creating account should I use the nameserver specified at the domain registrar and overwrite any existing DNS zones for the account?

Website's:
    scrls.co.uk
    First off you will need to make backups...
    Have you got them ?
    Then all you do is login to your vps, upload the backups and change the config.php to your new database username

If you still can't get it, let me know & i will do a step by step guide

I set it up to make backup and it will let me know when it's done.
    I'm aware that I will have to change config.php and update DNS so it will show new site not the old, but that's the last thing on To Do list :/
    How do I upload backups? By going to Backup and choosing Restore option or...?
    And again should I make account now?
    When creating account should I use same name and password like the one I have on Hostgator? And in DNS settings when creating account should I use the nameserver specified at the domain registrar and overwrite any existing DNS zones for the account?

Website's:
    scrls.co.uk
    Yes, go to Backups and upload it in the gzip..

Okay... my cpanel backup failed because its larger than 4GB T^T

Website's:
    Katzbb.com Foxmovie.co
    you have 4Gb Database..that hard to restored via cpanel you must use bigdump tools or related

setup before your MSQL Packet size make it big size..this will be more help you

I have vBulletin database that's 270MB and WordPress that's 1.70MB
    I guess that 4GB are manga files that I have on server because I have manga site with forum.
    I think I should do manual partial backups to my PC.

Thanks all. I hope I'll manage to do something

mmm mmm!
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information