Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61003 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mmm mmm!

Default Google Chrome Hack: Google Pays Its First $3,133.70 to a Hacker

Google Chrome security is tested by the hacker community. The latest Google Chrome update fixes the security flaw.

Google announced early in 2010 that it would pay any hacker who could find any Chrome hack in the web browser. The company challenged hackers around the world to find the web browser’s vulnerabilities and report them to Google for cash. On January 13, 2011, Google paid out its first $3,133.70 to the hacker named Glazunov for finding a Google Chrome hack that left web users vulnerable to malware. The “3,133.70” stands for “elite,” which is old-school hacker speak from Usenet years.
    Google has always made a stance on user protection when it comes to malware. The company has a malware report system, and it has a support forum for hacked websites. One of Google’s goals is to ensure that users click on safe links from its search result pages. If your site is hacked, Google returns a warning to users who have Firefox or Chrome.

In an effort to make its Chrome browser more secure, Google announced that it would pay $3,133.70 to any hacker who found severe security problems in the Chrome browser. Chrome security has been a main goal for the Google developers, and the browser’s security is continually tested by the hacker community.
    How You Get Viruses from a Web Browser

Older browsers such as Internet Explorer 6 are especially vulnerable to malware. Internet Explorer 6 is still used by many online readers. IE 6 is open to many script attacks that allow malicious code to be injected into your computer. This includes the injection of spyware or adware. Upgrading to more recent browsers help, but Firefox and Chrome are safer for people who browse underground sites. An underground site is typically a warez site, hacking site, or other site that is questionably legal.

The goal for newer malware is to steal the user’s FTP password. The password is stolen, and the hacker edits the .htaccess file. The “.htaccess hack” forwards your website to an online pharmacy or a phishing website. The website or blog owner is typically not aware of the hack until the site’s search engine rank is lowered. Other “iframe injection” or “Javascript hacks” are available.
    The best way to avoid these hacks is to always run antivirus or firewall software. Use Firefox or Chrome as your browser, and avoid questionable websites. Always keep blog software up-to-date. Several Wordpress hacks are available, so always keep your blog running the latest version of Wordpress. Finally, never click links and enter your password from an email that asks for you to verify information for Paypal, eBay or other banking institution.
    Daniel Reviewed by Daniel on . Google Chrome Hack: Google Pays Its First $3,133.70 to a Hacker http://images.suite101.com/2747098_com_chromewaly.jpg Google Chrome security is tested by the hacker community. The latest Google Chrome update fixes the security flaw. Google announced early in 2010 that it would pay any hacker who could find any Chrome hack in the web browser. The company challenged hackers around the world to find the web browser’s vulnerabilities and report them to Google for cash. On January 13, 2011, Google paid out its first $3,133.70 to the hacker named Rating: 5
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    PasteBot.appspot.com
    Nice Find.

That's cool

Showing why google is number1. Could you imagine ie doing this? Microsoft would go broke
    Please follow signature rules

Website's:
    iFunMaza.com
    omg
    i think google gona bring an web browser that can not be hackable
    and make it paid application

FB - http://www.facebook.com/IfunMaza
    Twitter - twitter.com/#!/iFunMaza

Banned
    nice info

Quote Originally Posted by immu View Post
    omg
    Nope it won't happen
    Please follow signature rules

Website's:
    iFunMaza.com
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLeTeD View Post
    Nope it won't happen
    might be but
    its good that they are mainly concentrating on Security
    this is good

FB - http://www.facebook.com/IfunMaza
    Twitter - twitter.com/#!/iFunMaza

Website's:
    reddit.com
    Quote Originally Posted by immu View Post
    omg
    You don't get the concept of this..
    By having its own browser, Google now knows what sites you visit, what you like etc, and can now serve you 100% accurate ads.

Before that, Google would still know you very well, because every site you visit uses Webmaster Tools provided by Google, but with the browser, its double.

Russian hacker of course!!
    I design free logos. click here.

Bow Chicka Wow Wow!!
    Website's:
    scenerls.org wrz.co
    paid application? Google? meh, never.

And it's awesome google actually pay these hackers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information