A Swiss court has finally ruled in the case against the admin and owner of the once popular Edonkey link site Sharereactor.com four years after the site got shut down by local authorities. The district court of Frauenburg found the admin, who used the pseudonym Simon Moon online, guilty of copyright infringement and ruled that he has to pay a total of 4700 Swiss francs, which is about 4250 US dollars.

Sharereactor.com used to be one of the most popular sites for ED2K links. It attracted up to 250000 visitors per day, according to an interview with Moon from October 2004. Moon also revealed in that interview that he paid about 5000 dollars per month for the bandwidth of the site, which means that the total judgement is worth less than one month of Sharereactor's operating costs.

Sharereactor.com briefly returned for a few weeks in 2006. Simon Moon published this statement when the site launched in September of 06:

"I have sold the ShareReactor.com domain over a month ago already. The new owner has now put it back online, with some of the old crew and some content. ShareReactor still is an ed2k website, and still features the same contents (and more) it was known for before. Since I have sold it, I Christian Riesen (aka Simon Moon) have no more connections to ShareReactor at all."

The return wasn't for long though. The site shut down a few weeks later because there wasn't much interest anymore in ED2K indexing since most people had switched to Bittorrent.

It now simply reads: "Host www.sharereactor.com is under construction." The site is hosted on a server that also is home to a hand full of sites registered to or maintained by simon Moon's company "Riesen Industries", which, according to Swiss news outlets, is now operating from Canada.
Lease Reviewed by Lease on . [13/2/08]Sharereactor admin found guilty A Swiss court has finally ruled in the case against the admin and owner of the once popular Edonkey link site Sharereactor.com four years after the site got shut down by local authorities. The district court of Frauenburg found the admin, who used the pseudonym Simon Moon online, guilty of copyright infringement and ruled that he has to pay a total of 4700 Swiss francs, which is about 4250 US dollars. Sharereactor.com used to be one of the most popular sites for ED2K links. It attracted up Rating: 5