Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61229 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

View Poll Results: Help decide.

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

5 50.00%
  • No.

5 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Doing things differently.

Default Torrent site.

Hey!

I'm kinda in the middle, well can't decide to either go ahead and start a torrent site up, not just the normal search engine type.. It's all uploaded and is ready to go ahead, just onone knows the link atm

1. Users can upload their own torrents from other sites to ( my site ) but it will use their tracker(s) n so on.

2. It will have a Phpbb3 forum built in so once you signup to main site you can goto the forums and post on the one account.

It's something i've been thinking of doing, it's abit different, i've had warez sites in the past, and tbh it's a hard time trying to compete and get it active 14/7 lol.

Seeing the piratebay/isohunt court threats n so on, hasnt put me off, because it's very unlikely they will go mental at mine and force me to close or move to my site to mars ( rofl )
    GeeZus Reviewed by GeeZus on . Torrent site. Hey! I'm kinda in the middle, well can't decide to either go ahead and start a torrent site up, not just the normal search engine type.. It's all uploaded and is ready to go ahead, just onone knows the link atm :P 1. Users can upload their own torrents from other sites to ( my site ) but it will use their tracker(s) n so on. 2. It will have a Phpbb3 forum built in so once you signup to main site you can goto the forums and post on the one account. It's something i've been Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Developer
    ''1. Users can upload their own torrents from other sites to ( my site ) but it will use their tracker(s) n so on. It's something i've been thinking of doing, it's abit different..... Seeing the piratebay/isohunt court threats n so on, hasnt put me off, because it's very unlikely they will go mental at mine and force me to close or move to my site to mars ( rofl ) ''

Uploading Torrents? To your server? Its a bad idea imo, heres why;
    1 - Most hosts don't allow torrents to be stored on their server.
    2 - Too many torrents (with users downloading) will make the server slow.
    3 - What if there are so many torrents uploaded that the server HD is full?
    4 - SSWarez was shutdown and they were a mediumish site so I don't see why the ''officials'' may not be after your site when its medium/big.

I mean you could do something different and upload the torrents to filehosts and put them on your site. If you are really motivated to start the site; go ahead and do it. I would've posted more but It's lesson time! Cya. lol.

4 - SSWarez was shutdown and they were a mediumish site so I don't see why the ''officials'' may not be after your site when its medium/big.

I've found a host which allows torrent uploading also cleared by the datacenter themselfs.

I didn't really give away to much details, basically, they see what they like, and click an arrow, and the torrent will open up in their utorrent, bitcomet or whatever they are using, it has no effect or strain on server load ( my end ) whats so ever.

Well, all dead unseeded torrents, are filtered out and won't be shown. Therefore can be deleted.

Panic rofl. Nah seriously, if it get's too much find another host/country.

Respected Developer
    Well then I'll vote Yes; I'd like to see how the site goes. Obviously (I assume you already have) choose a unique domain and don't get one of those shitty ready made skins for phpbb, custom ftw!

All the best with the site.

[P.S It would've been good if you made the votes public so we can see who voted yes/no...some lazy members just vote and go without even posting a reason]

Well then I'll vote Yes; I'd like to see how the site goes. Obviously (I assume you already have) choose a unique domain and don't get one of those shitty ready made skins for phpbb, custom ftw!

The domain is torrent related, but without the actual word torrent in the domain if that makes sense, the phpbb skin matches ( well 98% ) of the main site it self, but i've been adding my own images/buttons/icons etc.

All the best with the site.

It's going to be fun, i mean if the torrent trackers go down or the sites are offline, then people can use the forums, could even combine rapidshare links to downloads aswell as the torrents, oh theres an idea lol.

[P.S It would've been good if you made the votes public so we can see who voted yes/no...some lazy members just vote and go without even posting a reason]

Yep, looking back at that, i wish i did now rofl.

Website's:
    Plutost.com OffshorePort.net Desi-Mobilez.com PhotoshopDesigner.co.uk TutsBy.me BabesWallpapers.net
    Just open a Torrent Site with VIP Sections, earning in torrent business is like Hell !
    You just need some good high speed uploaders + good staff + hardwork + TiME !
    lol
    Plutost.com Asia & Europe Hosting Provider / Offshore Shared/VPS Hosting / Even Better than Gold
    WHMCS License Verify (Catch those scam hosts)
    Tutorials By .Me

We it's tied atm. Keep it coming!!

Also don't just vote n leave, atleast say why you voted

Also having afew drinks makes me think of different site ideas rofl

Website's:
    War3zUnlimit3d.com WarezTown.org War3zInsider.com
    Both, be different, combine them

...cudnt vote lol my options not up there

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiistiic View Post

I've found a host which allows torrent uploading also cleared by the datacenter themselfs.

I didn't really give away to much details, basically, they see what they like, and click an arrow, and the torrent will open up in their utorrent, bitcomet or whatever they are using, it has no effect or strain on server load ( my end ) whats so ever.

Well, all dead unseeded torrents, are filtered out and won't be shown. Therefore can be deleted.

Panic rofl. Nah seriously, if it get's too much find another host/country.
    Ah! so you found a DC that allows torrents also? Do share (via PM if you like).

Website's:
    warez-tek.net
    Pretome + HDBits are THE shit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information