Social network advertising company Fa$ebook isn’t shutting down, stories to the contrary notwithstanding.
The Weekly World News, “famous for its reports on Bat Boy, alien attacks and how-tos like ‘10 Ways to Protect Your Home From Zombies”, had this ‘quote’ from Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, says the Washington Post:
“Facebook has gotten out of control, and the stress of managing this company has ruined my life. I need to put an end to all the madness.”
People believed it. And why wouldn’t they? Weekly World News credibility is on a par with that of the RIAA or MPAA, say, or the lamescream media at large.
But “We didn’t get the memo about shutting down, so we’ll keep working away like always”, says Fa$ebook.
Oh well.
Presumably, this also means the smelly deal with Digital Sky Technologies, a Russian investment firm “allegedly controlled by a Russian oligarch and Putin pal named Alisher Usmanov (pictured above following discussions on his possible financial involvement with UK football team Arsenal), who is described thusly by Gawker:
“Usmanov… who reportedly owns 32 percent of DST, comes with the sort of unsavory press clippings worthy of a long-surviving oligarch in anarchic, organized-crime-ridden Russia: He’s been accused by a former British ambassador of being a ‘gangster and racketeer’ and of close ties to mafia drug trafficking and, as we’ve reported previously, controversially tried to censor bloggers who linked to news of the accusations.”
So rest assured: your personal and private data will rest in safe hands, as always.

http://url2it.com/eban
Daniel Reviewed by Daniel on . Facebook not closing down after all http://imgcrave.com/upload/2011/Jan/10/2011011018.jpg Social network advertising company Fa$ebook isn’t shutting down, stories to the contrary notwithstanding. The Weekly World News, “famous for its reports on Bat Boy, alien attacks and how-tos like ‘10 Ways to Protect Your Home From Zombies”, had this ‘quote’ from Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, says the Washington Post: “Facebook has gotten out of control, and the stress of managing this company has ruined my life. I need to put an Rating: 5