Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61885 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default how to find web host from the nameserver?

hi all

i have been searching on google for over an hour but with no success, so i'm just going to post it here where someone skilled might come around and help.

i have had a LOT of trouble with unstable hosts, and some of the sites that i like to visit always appear to stay online without any issues apparently, so i wanted to know what web hosting they are using so that i can buy from them.

I did a whois on their domains and their nameservers are:
    NS2.SYSTEMDNS.COM
    NS3.SYSTEMDNS.COM
    NS1.SYSTEMDNS.COM

Can an expert please help or explain how to figure out what web hosting they are using?
    sharks Reviewed by sharks on . how to find web host from the nameserver? hi all i have been searching on google for over an hour but with no success, so i'm just going to post it here where someone skilled might come around and help. i have had a LOT of trouble with unstable hosts, and some of the sites that i like to visit always appear to stay online without any issues apparently, so i wanted to know what web hosting they are using so that i can buy from them. I did a whois on their domains and their nameservers are: NS2.SYSTEMDNS.COM Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

The nameservers say basically nothing about the actual hosting location since you can have dns-servers for your domain in japan but host your site in the us.

Go to http://whois.sc and type in the domain or the actual server ip of the site, then click on "server stats".

In case of besthostingforums.com, you'll find:

Ip location: Netherlands Amsterdam Dediserv Dedicated Servers Sp. Z O.o
    and an email

info@dediserv.eu
    So KWWHunction is obviously hosted at dediserv.eu

Respected Member

Default nice info

very nice info momoe

If you run a GNU/Linux or *BSD os, you can "dig in a hostname.tld" to know where the domains revolves, and then "whois IP" to know more about this IP..

Hi Momoe

I did what you said and tried the same thing for KWWHunction as an example but i found info@dediserv.eu nowhere in the server stats section. Maybe i'm doing something wrong or it's not really in the server stats part of the site?

You can check on this site:
    http://www.ip2location.com

Thanks Pirate, but it still does not give me that email that momoe stated above. It is only through the email that it is possible to find the actual hosting.

Thread Information