Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61085 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default RapidShare Gets 150,000 Euro Copyright Infringement Fine

RapidShare Gets 150,000 Euro Copyright Infringement Fine

Earlier this year, cyberlocker service RapidShare was ordered by a court to remove nearly 150 electronic books from its archives and prevent users from re-uploading them by implementing a filter. According to the publishers who brought the case, RapidShare quickly breached the injunction. Today, the Regional Court of Hamburg agreed and hit the file-hosting company with a 150,000 euro fine.

Full Story

http://torrentfreak.com/rapidshare-g...t-fine-101201/
    The Coon Reviewed by The Coon on . RapidShare Gets 150,000 Euro Copyright Infringement Fine RapidShare Gets 150,000 Euro Copyright Infringement Fine Earlier this year, cyberlocker service RapidShare was ordered by a court to remove nearly 150 electronic books from its archives and prevent users from re-uploading them by implementing a filter. According to the publishers who brought the case, RapidShare quickly breached the injunction. Today, the Regional Court of Hamburg agreed and hit the file-hosting company with a 150,000 euro fine. Full Story Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    google.com
    Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah.

Website's:
    updatefreestuff.net
    wow this is something ironic,so now file hosts are in trouble

Banned
    Website's:
    SymbianSpot.com DDLAuto.co Leechersbay.com i-zone.ws Universaldownload.net
    GoooooD news
    time to celebrate

Website's:
    themastibay.com rlsvault.com geekscentre.com
    Yeah Great News yuhhhhuuuu

Awesome News.....PARTEH!

DIE RAPIDSHARE!

Website's:
    warez-bb.org
    omg lolx
    people are so happy just coz they stopped giving rewards..how greedy
    Proud To Be A Muslim

mmm mmm!
    Files will be shared anyways.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

hurray party yaar ,

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    The Court stated that RapidShare “…culpably failed to take reasonable examination and control measures. These measures include the utilization of a word filter, which checks the file name during the uploading of files to the servers of [Rapidshare] with regard to whether the author, the title, the ISBN number of the publisher may be contained in this name.”
    This show's now that you do have to use fancy or encrypted names when uploading files to avoid being detected by filters. eg if you upload name-of-book.rar it will probably be deleted faster than a3g3nwi478h3wafiuhma.rar

RapidShare was also ordered by the Court to install a word filter for new user uploads and is also “required to search the relevant popular external link libraries for links to files with the works in dispute.”
    So that means Rapidshare has to search warez sites too? Dam that's a near impossible job and also shows they are going to screw themselves even more.

This court case could really be the beginning of the end for file hosts and not just Rapidshare. I don't know why ye are cellebrating. This can be used as an example when bringing other file hosts to court as a precidence.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information