Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6962 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i do still like ie especially the new one as it is fast for me

2.   Sponsored Links

supporting extenstions? lol they want to compete with ff

Website's:
    ephemeraboy.me
    by the way
    opera is not open source
    so, by turning into
    opensource
    it may be boost up their usage futurely
    Everything is Ephemera..?? Agree...??
    Visit my blog on http://www.ephemeraboy.me

Website's:
    somik.org sborg.us
    cgworld, do you know most of firefox's "features" are copied off opera? I am a Opera user and use FF and IE as backup. I can see that a lot of features that opera introduced were later copied off as firefox "extentions".

Also, most people dont realize this but opera is more customizable then FF or any other. You can even customize the menu of opera:

(Just goes to show that Opera gave u all the options, you are just not smart enough to look for it)

Thats customized "right-click" menu. I have set my own image hosting site as the targer, so i can upload images to my imageperl.com with a right click from opera. I dont need to scratch my head with firefox plugins and stuff!

I use opera for a simple reason. It never slows down. I dont want to see a javascript of bouncing ball moving all around the screen and overusing my processors, i want to see the site. So instread of firefox, i use opera. Mind you, firefox crashes on high processor usage javascripts, while opera works fine. Mr. Happy would know this if he looked into high resource usage JS codes. Most of them have a code that says "disabled on FF".

As for CSS3, the only thing opera doesn't support is gradient (no idea why). Other then that, ALL css3 styles and html5 codes works fine on opera. For example, FF has problems understanding simple font sizes of CSS2.

Dont get me wrong, i m not dissing FF. It is a great browser. Its better when it comes to sites with a lot of JS. Note that i said "lot of JS" not "high load JS".

Also, you guys are forgetting another feature of opera that FF still have to copy. If they do copy this feature, it'll help a lot of people.

Firefox has disk cache, however the memory cache is missing. This causes firefox to be heavy on memory, less then ideal for use on windows VPS.

In the end, Firefox is good, but for my needs, Opera is faster, while Firefox gives me more options. So i use opera to do everyday browsing, and Firefox if i need to download smt with IDM (like a movie or youtube videos or smt).

Lastly, Opera isn't competing, its expanding. Or else, they wont keep this feature by default!

(i hate people who dont know both sides of story commenting like they know everything...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information