Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61070 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Linking to sites, not content

So, as a feature of the forums, I was thinking of creating a topsites list to compliment them. I am just wondering what happened to them all? I remember back in 2000 there were TONS of them (yeah, its been a long while since I have been in the scene). Why are there hardly any around anymore? You know the ones, how people vote and the sites rank on the site...

Also, is linking to a warez site illegal even in the USA? I mean, linking to content is one thing, but linking to a site that links to content is something else, its basically exactly the same as google.

Any help is appreciated
    Dynamic Reviewed by Dynamic on . Linking to sites, not content So, as a feature of the forums, I was thinking of creating a topsites list to compliment them. I am just wondering what happened to them all? I remember back in 2000 there were TONS of them (yeah, its been a long while since I have been in the scene). Why are there hardly any around anymore? You know the ones, how people vote and the sites rank on the site... Also, is linking to a warez site illegal even in the USA? I mean, linking to content is one thing, but linking to a site that links to Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    InvestDude.com
    i have the same confusion.....linking to a warez site is same as google, so that should be allowed everywhr rite?
    InvestDude.com Learn to make money by investing in hyips (high yield investment programs), affiliate marketing and tons of other method ;)

Probation
    Website's:
    Nd-Warez.InFo WarezBD.InFo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
    So, as a feature of the forums, I was thinking of creating a topsites list to compliment them. I am just wondering what happened to them all? I remember back in 2000 there were TONS of them (yeah, its been a long while since I have been in the scene). Why are there hardly any around anymore? You know the ones, how people vote and the sites rank on the site...

Also, is linking to a warez site illegal even in the USA? I mean, linking to content is one thing, but linking to a site that links to content is something else, its basically exactly the same as google.

Any help is appreciated
    Warez is everywhere illegal I think.

Website's:
    ddlfree.com
    linking to warez site is also illegal if you know the site you are linking stuffs illegal things.
    Google do link to almost all illegal sites but actually they are unaware of the fact it is illegal , so no case against them.
    Read about this matter somewhere months ago when i was to start my own warez sites directory.
    Here in India on guy was penalized for linking to site with some copyright matter.
    Thats why we have 'offshores'

So google can get away with linking to warez sites because they are unaware that when someone searches their DATABASE for WAREZ it shows up...

If that was the case, would they not just make "WAREZ" unsearchable in their engine? Fucking asshole government, only going by the law when it suits them...

But anyways, thanks again for clearing it up.

Also, what did happen to the Topsites? I remember there was a shitload of them and now none.

Cheers!

The Realest Nigga
    the thing is google is rich and have the best lawyers in the world so they can riggle out of almost anything

The Wise One
    Website's:
    twilight.ws ddlrank.com
    In some countries there aren't any specific laws again having a warez site, it's still a grey area.
    I can always be contacted by sending a tweet @twilightws

Respected Member
    Google has thousands of servers across the world in fact they are probably 70% offshore so they could even intentionally link to warez site's and get away with it.
    "Maybe this world is another planet's Hell"

Thread Information