Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6905 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    Doxsters.net

Default Your opinion on grammatical correctness on online forums?

This thread is fairly self explanatory, What is your opinion on being grammatically correct in online forums, and to a larger extent, on the internet as a whole.

I personally believe you should always type like you're typing a document for work or school, it just makes things easier to understand in my opinion. Of course, I don't mean people should go back, and edit and proofread their posts, but I believe it should make grammatical sense, and you should stick to standard etiquette.

Also, please don't turn this into a flame thread. State your reasons; Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Sure you can attempt to state why you don't agree with it, but it'd be much better if you didn;t just blindly argue one way or another.
    timtamboy63 Reviewed by timtamboy63 on . Your opinion on grammatical correctness on online forums? This thread is fairly self explanatory, What is your opinion on being grammatically correct in online forums, and to a larger extent, on the internet as a whole. I personally believe you should always type like you're typing a document for work or school, it just makes things easier to understand in my opinion. Of course, I don't mean people should go back, and edit and proofread their posts, but I believe it should make grammatical sense, and you should stick to standard etiquette. Rating: 5

Need a Designer/Web Developer? Click Me

MSN: PM me for it.
    Email(Preferred):timtamboy63@gmail.com

"Power Corrupts. Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely"

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    StoneArcade.com
    i agree for the most part threads are easier to read and understand if they are using correct grammar.Although on community forums such as this i dont think its really all that necessary really,the leet speak thing is rather annoying though,but i ignore it for the most part,but when replying quickly its easier to use shortened versions of words such as 'tho' etc,and is still very much understandable for everyone.Again forums such as this arent graded on their 'grammatical' correctness really in my opinion (imo lol).

just my 2 cents

Thread Information