Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6408 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What do you think of people buying databases

Hey all i was just wondering what do you think of people buying databases instead of starting fresh

i was wondering because my site was deleted by my host he refused to give me a reason and a backup of my site and i dont have a recent backup i was going to buy a database instead of starting fresh but i wanted to see what people thought of it

Thanks
    shadow.prx Reviewed by shadow.prx on . What do you think of people buying databases Hey all i was just wondering what do you think of people buying databases instead of starting fresh i was wondering because my site was deleted by my host he refused to give me a reason and a backup of my site and i dont have a recent backup i was going to buy a database instead of starting fresh but i wanted to see what people thought of it Thanks Rating: 5
    Signature too big, removed by staff.

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Developer
    Well database's help by, hmm a lot of things, mass mailing, using it for your site etc etc.

Banned
    Website's:
    warezscene.org forum.warezscene.org
    I disagree with databases being used to make sites.
    If you want to make a site, in my opinion, you should start from the bottom up.

Mass emailing however, is another thing.

Banned
    Website's:
    SKDown.Net WarezGuru.Org RARdownload.net
    links can come in few days thats not a problem.
    within 1 month u can have a huge database.

Website's:
    WRZhost.com WExplain.com
    Just create a new one,the links on the db will be dead anyway.
    Any questions? Want to make money?My Online Marketing Forum
    WRZhost offshore hosting! Still the best offshore hosting after 7 years! Hongkong,Russia,NL,Germany

Website's:
    iGotMusic.org NitroRoms.com GamersFire.com
    Start from scratch, unless you have intention of mass mailing just for more traffic/members, once you started.

You can also combine best of both worlds. Start fresh AND use the database to email (but don't use db on site)

Respected Developer
    Well i hope everyone convince you to buy a DB lol! I have one for sale btw, 15k members it was a warez forum IPB. PM if interested.

Website's:
    StreamBit.net BBQKittens.com
    A person would have to be a total moron to by a database.
    I am sure you could find one, though I think its retarded. It just pisses of people who register and then see all the links are broken. :cute:

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Falcon View Post
    Start from scratch, unless you have intention of mass mailing just for more traffic/members, once you started.

You can also combine best of both worlds. Start fresh AND use the database to email (but don't use db on site)

I agree with GF on this one. Start afresh and use the db to mass email members and build your new db.
    This is the staff, you have been banned

yea use a fresh db, use another db to mass email every and basically say that you have a problem and had to restart so they have to re-register. But to come back and sig up again. I personally belive in only starting fresh. I hate those sites who use them. You can tell that they did.

They usually have 20,000+members and little posts or 100,000+posts and 20,000+ members and have no activity in comparsion to there stats. Its pointless to look good.

With all the db I have collected over the years I could probably make my site have a few 100,000 members but its pointless.
    Please follow signature rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information