Alright so i was just looking into upgrading one of my servers software noticed MySQL 5.1 was out with some new features:

• Event scheduler
  • Partitioning
  • Plugin API
  • Row-based replication
  • Server log tables

System Specific Warnings:

MySQL has limited usernames to 16 characters for many years. In versions of MySQL prior to 5.1, when a login username longer than 16 characters was sent to the server it was silently truncated to the 16 characters limit. In MySQL 5.1, all characters submitted for the username are checked during authentication. This change means that any user submitting more than 16 characters as their login username will fail to authenticate once the server is upgraded. To correct this problem, only send the first 16 characters of the login username.

General Warnings:

Although in place upgrades of MySQL are generally safe, it is always recommended that you perform a full database backup before beginning the upgrade process.

Please note that downgrades to previous versions of MySQL are unsupported. Once your system has been upgraded to a newer version of MySQL it may be impossible to switch back.

An all that good stuff, As MySQL end of life date is coming up in December 31, 2011, How ever 5.1 is supported until December 31, 2013. Was just wondering if anyone has had any issues upgrading then re-compiling Apache afterwards.

If you have upgraded did you notice any improvements ? or any issues of any sort
DLow Reviewed by DLow on . Anyone here upgraded to MySQL 5.1 ? Alright so i was just looking into upgrading one of my servers software noticed MySQL 5.1 was out with some new features: Event scheduler Partitioning Plugin API Row-based replication Server log tables Rating: 5