Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6947 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Banned
    Website's:
    gfxfire.com url4free.com

Default Need help regarding usergroups and ACP restrictions

I've been trying to give my moderators partial ACP options but every time I give them restricted ACP options, it automatically places them in the Admin usergroup. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
    SLiMRiDER Reviewed by SLiMRiDER on . Need help regarding usergroups and ACP restrictions I've been trying to give my moderators partial ACP options but every time I give them restricted ACP options, it automatically places them in the Admin usergroup. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    sbanime.com
    u need to manage the usergroup...
    Simply create another usergroup with some of the admins privilieges u wanna give em and then u add them to that other usergroup

Banned
    Website's:
    gfxfire.com url4free.com
    Yeah I know, I do that. I create a separate usergroup and when I give them partial ACP, it changes their permission set to Admin.

Website's:
    gudz.org
    members tab/ manage ACP restrictions

it can be set by the user or by a new usergroup

once you add the user or usergroup click the dropdown arrow to manage what they can access

and the permission set is for the forums i believe meaning what they can do in the forums not in the acp

Banned
    Website's:
    gfxfire.com url4free.com
    What I mean is that as soon as I give them access to the ACP it changes their permission set to the admin forum set. So then when you click on "View Moderating Team" it shows all the mods as Admin. Sorry if I'm being too vague.

Website's:
    gudz.org
    that is just thier forum permission set

click manage users permissions and create a custom permission set for the mods based off the moderators permission set and put them under that permission set. if that doesnt work i am not sure what to do really.

an alternative that may work is instead of giving the group acp access add your mods individually by user and what they can access through the manage acp restrictions tab

Banned
    Website's:
    gfxfire.com url4free.com
    But thing is that as soon as give them ACP access, even if the group is restricted, it makes them all Admins. I checked the forum set they were using and permissions, it says moderators but when I look here, it makes all of em admins.

Respected Member
    Try making the change to a secondary member group rather than a primary. That way it should show hem as mods not admins. Leave their promary as moderators only.

Thread Information