Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61069 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Probation

Default IPB 2.3.x to 3.0.x, different host

Hello,

Is there any way to migrate all forums/members/posts from ipb 2.3.6 on one host, to a nulled version of ipb 3.0.3 on another host? I've been looking everywhere and couldn't find anything :/

-Puppets
    Puppets Reviewed by Puppets on . IPB 2.3.x to 3.0.x, different host Hello, Is there any way to migrate all forums/members/posts from ipb 2.3.6 on one host, to a nulled version of ipb 3.0.3 on another host? I've been looking everywhere and couldn't find anything :/ -Puppets Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    CodeSociety.net
    yea just upgrade? depends on how many members and stuff u have it could take a long time, im working on a quick way to do this to a forum of mine 25k members, 1,000,000 posts :/ lol

Probation
    I just don't know how to upgrade from a set up that is on one host to another setup that is on another... :/

And nah, it's not that large. Only 400 members, maybe 42,000 posts.

Website's:
    snowfortress.net
    Just as immortal says you upgrade on the host you have today. When thats done and all backups is taken for the move just...move it to the new host. Should work just fine unless you have some very specific setup on the hosts server your on today but I guess the host should be able to help you with that.

Good luck and remember to do the upgrade on a testsite first just in case it screws up any of your installed skins/mods etc.

/UpNorth

Probation
    Will this work if I already have themes and a few other things installed on the new board?

Website's:
    snowfortress.net
    Not 100% sure what you mean by "on the new board"?

The things that you have installed today on the 2.3.6 version is most likely to not work as it should on the 3.0.3 version so thats why I advice you to do the upgrade on a testsite first so you can see and correct the possible issues before you change host.

/UpNorth

Probation
    Sorry, I was a bit vague.

Right now, the new board is: 3.0.3, on my own host. It has a few themes installed, a few apps, some custom fields, etc.

The old board, 2.3, is installed on a friends host. It contains all of the members and posts that I would like on the new board.

If I'm right, are you suggesting that I just install 3.0.3 on my friends host in the same root as the old board, perform the upgrade, download the mysql tables, and upload them to the board on my own forums? I'm somewhat confused.

Website's:
    snowfortress.net
    Your not the only one confused here but let see if we can fix it.

I belive do this with a testsite first would complicate it too much. Personal I would test install 3.0.3 on the friends host but only after I taken full backups on all files/folders and databases through the hosts control panel and also by copy all the files/folders with a FTP proggie. In a case things went bad you could rather fast get your friends orginal site back and working again. IPB recommends when you do the upgrade that the site is set to offline mode.

The things you today have installed on your board you had to reinstall.

/UpNorth

Thread Information