Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6709 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Firefox 4 Beta Released!

Firefox 4 Beta 1 is released.

Conceivably Tech has noticed that Mozilla has quietly uploaded a Firefox 4 Beta 1 candidate build to its FTP server. No release notes or announcements have been made as of this post, but surely Mozilla will make the public aware of the final beta release when it's ready.

As discussed yesterday, Firefox 4 Beta 1 brings a whole new user interface to the browsers aging layout. Gone is the boring old grey (except in Windows XP, as seen above). Replacing it is an all new, modern, less intrusive, and glassier (Windows version) look. In the JavaScript department, the SunSpider benchmark shows solid improvement over Firefox 3.6.6. Oddly though, Firefox 4 still seems to lag far behind Chrome, IE9, Opera, and Safari.

Keep in mind, this version is an early beta and should not be used as your primary browser. It's more stable than the alpha versions, but there's still plenty of work to be done before it's ready for mass consumption. Many add-ons that you probably use aren't yet compatible. According to a Mozilla developer, the team still plans to tweak their new JaegerMonkey JavaScript engine before release. Their goal is to hit at least 500 ms.

Go here for download :

Code: 
    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/4.0b1-candidates/build1/win32/en-US/
    madnessken Reviewed by madnessken on . Firefox 4 Beta Released! Firefox 4 Beta 1 is released. Conceivably Tech has noticed that Mozilla has quietly uploaded a Firefox 4 Beta 1 candidate build to its FTP server. No release notes or announcements have been made as of this post, but surely Mozilla will make the public aware of the final beta release when it's ready. As discussed yesterday, Firefox 4 Beta 1 brings a whole new user interface to the browsers aging layout. Gone is the boring old grey (except in Windows XP, as seen above). Replacing it is an Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Checking it out now. It's really strange that they don't have their directory protected. Very careless of them for such a big organisation.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...idates/build1/

even the source code
    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...build1/source/
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Google Corp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Happy View Post
    Very careless of them for such a big organisation.
    Its not carelessness, they want people who are interested in the development of firefox to download it, test it, report bugs, make suggestions on the code, etc.
    Life asked Death: "Why do people love me, but hate you?"
    Death responded: "Because you're a beautiful lie and I'm the painful truth."

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    fair enough SJsha. Good point. It could do with development. It still doesn't support CSS 3 or HTML 5 properly. Pretty disappointing. I'll just delete it again. Chrome is still way ahead. eg check this link in Chrome and this beta FF http://www.sencha.com/deploy/touch/e...s/kitchensink/
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

mmm mmm!
    Checking it out right now
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Banned
    Website's:
    gfxfire.com url4free.com
    Downloading, thanks.

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    The nightly builds have been out for weeks i posted on this weeks ago Glad to see a beta was released although

Respected Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Happy View Post
    fair enough SJsha. Good point. It could do with development. It still doesn't support CSS 3 or HTML 5 properly. Pretty disappointing. I'll just delete it again. Chrome is still way ahead. eg check this link in Chrome and this beta FF http://www.sencha.com/deploy/touch/e...s/kitchensink/
    The HTML5 hype is getting a bit old tbh. You guys do realize that at this point there is no complete HTML5 specification? HTML5 is not done yet and the stuff which is already done is still subject to change. It would be a waste of time to add all current HTML5 stuff. Google can piss away time/money/resources, Mozilla can't. And because FF is completely open source it is normal to find nightly builds on their FTP etc. That's what open source is about.

In all fairness, FF is still the best browser out there. Who has the most complete HTML5 implementation is irrelevant.

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    @ Hyperz

I agree 100 % google chrome is backed by what i 1.999.999.999.999 $ company meh

And what is FF backed behind ? nonthing & they are still number one !

Quote Originally Posted by DLow View Post
    @ Hyperz

I agree 100 % google chrome is backed by what i 1.999.999.999.999 $ company meh

And what is FF backed behind ? nonthing & they are still number one !
    coz it is made by a community with the whole support of ppls...

FF is best and fast browser seen so far..
    #1 Designer IN KWWHunction

Portfolio Thread in KWWH : XxX's GFX Service
    Temporary Portfolio: Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information