Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61383 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    just type your password and hit enter
    you well not see anything. not even *******. but that's normal (for security reasons)
    you need root acces to install rar/unrar

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    rls-log.com
    if i had lost my ssh password .. how can i regain it ?? can i regain it from cpanel ?? have to check mails i might find it ... cauz i think i lost it

If it's a linux vps/dedi you have a chance to be automaticaly temporarly banned from the server for security reasons. If you tried to many times to login.

Website's:
    rls-log.com
    sir i found out .. my plan is shared not vps ... cauz someone else ordered for me n he accidently ordered shared ... plz tell me now how to install rar/unrar in shared hosting ??? thankyou

Banned
    Website's:
    budgetvds.com hilohost.com wdispatch.com
    Quote Originally Posted by babarali124 View Post
    sir i found out .. my plan is shared not vps ... cauz someone else ordered for me n he accidently ordered shared ... plz tell me now how to install rar/unrar in shared hosting ??? thankyou
    You would need to contact your hosting provider to have them enable SSH on your account. Some shared hosting provider don't allow SSH to be enabled on shared hosting accounts. Most of them will request for you to fill out an agreement form with proof of your photo ID but that mostly depends on the hosting provider.

You can't, only your hosting provider has the root server access (and thus the privilege to install or remove packages). Since rar and unrar are CPU intensive scripts I doubt they will though.

@robert - even if his host gives him the ssh access it'll in most cases be limited and he won't be allowed to tamper with system-wide stuff as installing packages.

Website's:
    rls-log.com
    i guess nothing has to be done

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information