Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61222 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    nationwebhost.com

Default Mass Change cPanel Package Names?

Hello,

Is there way I can upgrade all accounts on my server that are using package name 'xxxx' to a different package name e.g 'xaxa'?
    It would save me a lot of time having to upgrade them manually.

I think It could be something to do with the folder containing the packages:
    /var/cpanel/packages

Thanks A Lot!!
    NationWebHost Reviewed by NationWebHost on . Mass Change cPanel Package Names? Hello, Is there way I can upgrade all accounts on my server that are using package name 'xxxx' to a different package name e.g 'xaxa'? It would save me a lot of time having to upgrade them manually. I think It could be something to do with the folder containing the packages: /var/cpanel/packages Thanks A Lot!! Rating: 5
    NationWebHost
    Follow us: Twitter Facebook

Affordable Shared & Reseller Web Hosting Plans

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    pakdevs.com paktafreeh.com khiclub.com
    in cpanel/whm.. there is an option upgrade/downgrade multiple accounts.. use this

Website's:
    nationwebhost.com
    That still is time consuming, is there such command that allows you to just type in the package name it will load the accounts on it and you can change all the accounts using that package to a different package?
    NationWebHost

If every account are on the same package and you want to upgrade every account to your new package simply update the old package with your new package info via "Edit Package" and cPanel will apply new setting to every account using the package.

Website's:
    nationwebhost.com
    Quote Originally Posted by cPanelJared View Post
    The package name is stored in each account's file in /var/cpanel/users/. You can use the Linux replace command to search for each instance of a string in a file and replace it. For example:

Code: 
    # replace "PLAN=default" "PLAN=mynewplan" -- /var/cpanel/users/foo
    will replace every instance of "PLAN=default" with "PLAN=mynewplan" in /var/cpanel/users/foo. "PLAN" in this case is the same as "package" in the WHM/cPanel interface.

You can automate this by using wildcards, though I urge extreme caution when using a wildcard and recommend backing up the /var/cpanel/users directory first.

Code: 
    # cp -Rp /var/cpanel/users /root/users-pre-replace.bak
    # replace "PLAN=xxxx" "PLAN=xaxa" -- /var/cpanel/users/*
    # /scripts/updateuserdomains
    /scripts/updateuserdomains should be run anytime any file is edited in the /var/cpanel/users directory.

I recommend reviewing the documentation for the replace command before using it. You can do this by typing "man replace" at the shell command prompt, or it is available online from several sources, such as this one:

replace(1): string-replacement utility - Linux man page

Resolved.
    NationWebHost

Thread Information