Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61196 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

The Wise One
    Website's:
    twilight.ws ddlrank.com

Default Firefox acting weird, am I hacked?

Hi all,

You don't see me often in this section for creating a topic but hey, here I am!

I started downloading Lost season 5 last night and when I woke up this morning I got this message:

After that I closed all applications and relaunched firefox. Weirdest thing ever is that my persona has now changed and all tabs were open as if there was a fresh installation of all addons (you know the the tabs you get after installing flashgot or w/e), my persona has also changed but my bookmarks and browsing history are still there.

I did a hijackthis scan and the log file didn't show anything wrong, also run malwarebytes quick scan and nothing was infected.

Any ideas what this could be? Im not entering any passwords or anything till I get an answer lol

Thanks for the help
    Whoo Reviewed by Whoo on . Firefox acting weird, am I hacked? Hi all, You don't see me often in this section for creating a topic but hey, here I am! I started downloading Lost season 5 last night and when I woke up this morning I got this message: http://i49.tinypic.com/15ntwra.jpg After that I closed all applications and relaunched firefox. Weirdest thing ever is that my persona has now changed and all tabs were open as if there was a fresh installation of all addons (you know the the tabs you get after installing flashgot or w/e), my Rating: 5
    I can always be contacted by sending a tweet @twilightws

2.   Sponsored Links

Retired NinJa
    Website's:
    loledhard.com
    It does happened sometimes with me as well. But after one restart it works properly(For me it happened with Excel & not FireFox)

You don't hate Justin bieber.You hate the fact you ain't Justin Bieber!

i faced similar situation but it happened to me after firefox crashed and i restarted....i logged in all my acconts and till now no problem...but w8 for a technical response
    Coming soon...

Website's:
    reddit.com
    To what was your persona changed to? Because if it's a theme called "Hacked by *XXX*", you are hacked, no doubt!!

Just to be sure, install a trial of Kaspersky. Thats what i would do..

The Wise One
    Website's:
    twilight.ws ddlrank.com
    Quote Originally Posted by humour View Post
    It does happened sometimes with me as well. But after one restart it works properly(For me it happened with Excel & not FireFox)
    Yeah but firefox is acting like all addons were freshly installed

Quote Originally Posted by mikeee View Post
    i faced similar situation but it happened to me after firefox crashed and i restarted....i logged in all my acconts and till now no problem...but w8 for a technical response
    Thanks, but however I can't risk that I'm monitoring every single connection now lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac_ View Post
    To what was your persona changed to? Because if it's a theme called "Hacked by *XXX*", you are hacked, no doubt!!

Just to be sure, install a trial of Kaspersky. Thats what i would do..
    Groovy blue, which is pretty weird lol

EDIT: It was probably my firefox profile that gotten corrupt. Uninstalled FF and everything related to it, then reinstalled a newer version and added all the addons again.

Locking this for now
    I can always be contacted by sending a tweet @twilightws

Thread Information