Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61991 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @ Yes, Speed Test is NOT reliable

Also some info regarding Indian Broadband speeds

Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has recommended that the Department of Telecom (DoT) should make it mandatory for Broadband speeds to be at least 2 mbps. That means any of Broadband service offered in India to customers in the market would have to be 2 mbps and more. If the DoT accepts the recommendation than the Telecom Operators or Internet Service Provider would not offer Internet packages of 256 kbps labeled as Broadband.
    Currently, the definition of Broadband as per the Indian government’s ruling is 256 kbps and above. This means that an Internet Service Provider (ISP) can offer packages of 256 kbps labeled as Broadband. This was made a requirement a couple of years ago. Now the times have changed and the ruling has to be updated.
    TRAI said in its recommendations regarding the Broadband speed that other countries are already touching speeds of 20 mbps and more.
    India has to catch-up to stay competition at a global level Hence the Indian telecom industry is not happy with these recommendations. According to the telecom Industry, They did not think it is feasible to move from 256 kbps to 2Mbps in one shot. If at all the definition has to be revised then they should move to 512kbps, otherwise it will be too costly for both operators and subscribers.
    TRAI’s move is however supported by the Broadband Internet Users. The internet users of India are tired of pricey connections which are sold in the name of Broadband with less speed. Most of the users feel that the 2mbps unlimited (real unlimited) without fair usage policies should be offered at affordable prices by telecom and Broadband service providers.
    Buddies: gunda316
    Trusted Sellers: ranaasad

Hungary: average 11 Mbps

but mine is slower. 5 Mbps

3.   Sponsored Links

There's no sense of buying rapidleech hosting on those countries. Damn! Mine is 1.5Mbps
    ?Too many people spend money they haven?t earned, to buy things they don?t want, to impress people they don?t like.? ? Will Smith

Website's:
    TeenDezire.com
    OMFG.. South Korea (34.19 mb / s)

2mbits - india

Website's:
    reddit.com
    Is that some kind of average? Because i see some screens of higher speeds...
    In some cases, the speedtest server are on the same isp like the one on your connection, and the speed shows up more than it actually is.. i think!
    I design free logos. click here.

Website's:
    Error-Zone.com shortbusriders.net
    8MB in Pakistan

Google Corp.
    My upload speed really sucks. This is from the UK btw:

Life asked Death: "Why do people love me, but hate you?"
    Death responded: "Because you're a beautiful lie and I'm the painful truth."

lol, someone look for our country: Iran, it must be at end, but we still have so many internet users

Damn you guys are so lucky. I can only dream of the day when I will be able to download at even 1 mb/s. At the moment, I consider myself lucky if I get 1/5th of that speed during the day

lol, someone look for our country: Iran, it must be at end, but we still have so many internet users
    Lol, you are right m107. Here's the bottom 10 list:

1. Nepal - 0.37 Mbps

2. Zimbabwe - 0.41 Mbps

3. Bolivia - 0.47 Mbps

4. Lebanon - 0.50 Mbps

5. Guatamala - 0.51 Mbps

6. Afghanistan - 0.53 Mbps

7. Nigeria - 0.54 Mbps

8. El Salvador - 0.56 Mbps

9. Cote D'Ivore - 0.57 Mbps

10. Iran - 0.59 Mbps

I guess Iran hasn't changed much since I was there last time. Still languishing at the bottom lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information