Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6979 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    ganzik.com

Default What all it takes to make a site like Rapidshare ????

I just wanna know all the things that we need to make a site/database like Rapidshare

Discuss the following points below

1> What are the resources we need
    2> Where to host such a huge site/database
    3> How is the management of such a famous site done
    4> The cost for each resource and the amount of resources we need eg. Server configuration or the employees needed to run RS
    5> How to beat Law and order as the database contains 95% pirated or illegal data
    6> How to start such a site if we are in a very noob stage
    7> How to earn from srom such a site (How does RS earn ?)
    8> What type of referal schemes or payment method should be kept in order to attract customers
    9> Mechanism that they use to upload so many files in their serves
    10> How to plan for such a site??

You can add ur points too

I am not planning to open such a site but just wanna know How it all works.
    ganzik Reviewed by ganzik on . What all it takes to make a site like Rapidshare ???? I just wanna know all the things that we need to make a site/database like Rapidshare Discuss the following points below 1> What are the resources we need 2> Where to host such a huge site/database 3> How is the management of such a famous site done 4> The cost for each resource and the amount of resources we need eg. Server configuration or the employees needed to run RS 5> How to beat Law and order as the database contains 95% pirated or illegal data 6> How to start such a site if Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    McGrhill-Warez.com RapidMovie.org
    These questions come to my mind too often.

Let us wait for the answers from some seniors in this field.
    "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."

Website's:
    TvLog.me
    Its just like asking how to beat wbb ..thats just not possible dey came in the beginning and will stay till the end.....

[Best Selling RDP Providers]
    BuyWindowsVPS.Com
    1Gbit USA/EU Unmetered | Prices Starting From $29.95 | Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ganzik View Post

Custom script and a good coder

2> Where to host such a huge site/database

RS doesn't support warez so I guess anywhere (they've their servers in germany)

3> How is the management of such a famous site done

Hard work is needed ofc. Work on the site get it to the top.

4> The cost for each resource and the amount of resources we need eg. Server configuration or the employees needed to run RS

It's surely going to be huge and we can't just guess.

5> How to beat Law and order as the database contains 95% pirated or illegal data

Delete illegal material

I would suggest you, don't start. It's no use if you're a noob. You'll finally get pwnt.

From premium accounts and ofc making the guest think that the premium is worth. Might get someone to affiliate with you.

8> What type of referal schemes or payment method should be kept in order to attract customers

PayPal is used in most of the cases so I would suggest pp and mb.

9> Mechanism that they use to upload so many files in their serves

Good script and working applications and updating it with better things frequently.

Answered inside the quote. These are just my views.

Website's:
    tufos.net
    Quote Originally Posted by n4pst3r View Post
    Its just like asking how to beat wbb ..thats just not possible dey came in the beginning and will stay till the end.....
    lol.. really..

Lots of money for backup purposes, cuz in early stages you won't be making a lot of money at first, so you need a lot of money to start with.

I suggest you to learn some programming languages, at least. LOL. It's not always good to lend coders and do all the work (IMO).

RS earns from premium accounts (only one I know)

Write lots of planning until you nail how the system is gonna work.

just sharing, my 2 cents.

Website's:
    GotMovies.net
    the answer it self isn't hard to answer.. actually getting it done is the hardest part.

you have to start small and build your way up. first you have to do your research, you have to have a very good idea of the data centers around the world.. their quality and the transits they use and what their quality is. then you have to look around and find places that offer them and try to find the cheapest. you can easily find a true 100 mbit full duplex line in usa for 99 and in Germany for around 109. now of course the bandwidth won't be a level 3 bandwidth but its MORE than enough to get the job done. you start with 1 server, increase as you go and then you switch to 1 gbit and from there on..
    once you start to build up.. get more money you can get better deals easily by dealing directly with the datacenters to get remove the middle man. after that you start to colo your hardware which will save you tons of money in the long run. once you have enough money you open a facility and apply for transit from different providers for your location and start moving your servers there as you make more money.
    you have to have a good programmer and even a team later on that knows what they are doing.
    last part is a team that knows how to market and is good with SEO.
    that's pretty much it all.

and also one major factor that lots of people miss is that companies like rapidshare and MU were the beginners.. the ones that introduced the idea so they had a huge advantage and a way bigger market to reach to. same goes with warez-bb and other warez forums. if your first you have the advantage.
    now noobs these days open small file hosts and warez forums.. by doing the same exact thing. the only way to beat them or be better at what they do is to do what they do but do it better or spice it up and introduce something better. anything else beside that is epic phail.

Banned
    Website's:
    hd-eroticpictures.com
    u just need a lot of money rest is piece of cake

Website's:
    LulzIMG.com chtbx.com RapidPremium.Net ReleaseLeech.com RLSLeech.com NinjaRobotPirateZombieNazi.com
    What I would love is a host that actually allows warez hosting. Right there, plain and open. Have servers in HK (or any DC that allow warez hosting) with decent speeds that allow warez hosting and offer no removal.

And yeah, all that is needed is lots of money.

Banned
    Website's:
    LightDDL.com
    The most important factor is Money...........
    This is all i can say

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information