Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62247 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperz View Post
    So, according to you if something is 5% better it's worth paying double the price for it? Great way of thinking. Especially for someone running a business. IMHO the best way to rate hardware is to look at the bang for buck value. Looking at synthetic benches tells you nothing and neither does the price.
    It is not 5%.

I use Core2Quads for my desktop for economic reasons.

Core i7 for desktop is definitely not worth of it.

But there is a HUGE Difference between the Core i7 and AMD Phenom CPUs when you come to the servers. I have seen personally, for practical purposes on servers 2 or even 3 AMD Phenom CPUs can be replaced by a signle Core i7 easily and that server will run efficiently too. In fact I have done so already.

Between a single CPU quadcore AMD (Phenom) and Intel Core i7 there is a remarkable difference. But for desktop Core i7 is too much atleast in 2010. Core2Quad should be fine. But Intel Core2Quad/AMD Phenom Quadcore and Core i7 pricing is almost similar atleast here in India. So paying 10% more you can get a Core i7 instead of Core2Quad/Phenom here in India if you assemble your own parts. So considering that only 10% difference Core i7 may be a good choice here.
    WebT Hosting - Professional Hosting, 1 Gbps Unmetered Bandwidth, Germany Available
    Shared, Reseller, VPS, Managed Hosting, Remote Desktop
    1 Gbps Available, Transfer Support From Previous Provider

Respected Developer
    Since when is this a server topic? He wants advice for parts in a PC. How well the i7 does in a server doesn't matter. Anyways, I doubt this discussion is gonna be of any use for him so lets end it here.

3.   Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperz View Post
    Since when is this a server topic? He wants advice for parts in a PC. How well the i7 does in a server doesn't matter. Anyways, I doubt this discussion is gonna be of any use for him so lets end it here.
    Okay, but you can check with your vendor. AMD Phenom Quadcore and Core i7 do not have much cost difference these days. (Though MRP written on Intel products is super-high, but that depends on your vendor...)
    WebT Hosting - Professional Hosting, 1 Gbps Unmetered Bandwidth, Germany Available
    Shared, Reseller, VPS, Managed Hosting, Remote Desktop
    1 Gbps Available, Transfer Support From Previous Provider

i would buy a SSD to install your OS and games on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information