Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62064 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up View Archive, Avoid Being Hacked, Infected & Save BW !

Firefox ViewArch Addon - View The Content Inside The Archive Without Downloading

In the recent past, several members have been hacked as a result of downloading malicious content wrapped up in .rar, .zip, .iso etc files. A lot many have had their RS, MU, HF, MS Premium accounts compromised as a result of this. Often members don't really know what is in store for them in these .rar, .zip files. They place their trust in the uploader and simply download the file later on realizing its a .exe instead of a .avi and so on.

With remote uploading come into the picture this has become a matter of concern. A handful of uploaders just remote upload stuff without checking the content of their source links. In order to help you out in identifying what you are going to download I have composed this thread. Basically without even downloading the file you can view the contents inside. Its simple, easy and would save you from being hacked as well as make efficient use of your precious bandwidth.

I'll show a demonstration with an RS account since most use RS. Analogous to RS it even works for other file hosting services. Follow the steps below to view the content of .rar, .zip & .iso files :

Step 1: Install the Firefox ArchView addon into your Firefox browser from the link bellow.
    Code: 
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5028
    Once you have installed the ArchView addon you will find the icon on your window.

Step 2: Make sure that the magnifying glass appears over that briefcase in the icon. This means that that feature is enabled. To disable it, left click over the icon once.

Enabled:

Disabled:

Step 3: Login to your RS Premium account using Firefox. You must be logged in to your account to use this feature.

Step 4: Once you have logged in, then go to Settings. After clicking on the settings link, under the heading Configurations make sure you have the option : "Direct downloads, requested files are saved without redirection via RapidShare" ticked.

NOTE: In all other Premium accounts besides RS too you will find the Direct downloads option.

Step 5: Now click/copy paste any RS link and you will be able to see what's inside the archive.

Note : Disable all automatic start up of download managers on clicking of links. Eg: If you have IDM as your default download manager it might cause hindrance.

Hope you appreciate this thread of mine. I presume it would be helpful for all our members. From now on you would be sure of what you are downloading or Uploading. Your views and comments are most welcome anytime.
    kiddo Reviewed by kiddo on . View Archive, Avoid Being Hacked, Infected & Save BW ! Firefox ViewArch Addon - View The Content Inside The Archive Without Downloading In the recent past, several members have been hacked as a result of downloading malicious content wrapped up in .rar, .zip, .iso etc files. A lot many have had their RS, MU, HF, MS Premium accounts compromised as a result of this. Often members don't really know what is in store for them in these .rar, .zip files. They place their trust in the uploader and simply download the file later on realizing its a Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    SceneRLS.org
    Already knew about this, thanks anyway mate.

Nice share, but I don't understand. How you do get hacked by downloading a rar?

If you download a rar, and instead find an exe instead of an avi
    Just don't click it?

Website's:
    SceneRLS.org
    From what I've heard, there are auto-extracting rars now.

Quote Originally Posted by 4tw View Post
    From what I've heard, there are auto-extracting rars now.
    nothing can run unless you click it first.

Well but always knowing what is inside the rar is good. Besides the hacking part image downloading a 700MB movie and later on finding out it was a virus.......Bang ! Your time and badwidth both are wasted.

Also at times after downloading somone might be in a hurry and double click the file without even paying attention that its an exe or virus, sometimes could be by mistake too.

Hence this addon comes very useful in both the above mentioned situations.

Dude you copied this thread from warez-bb,

Whatever, thanks anyway, although if ppl don't have a premium then they can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandin0 View Post
    nothing can run unless you click it first.
    Actually they can. It is like autoplay. Disable Autoplay then you are safe

Website's:
    UnderGroundWarez.net DDLCUBE.COM
    tnks buddy appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by pokeefer View Post
    Dude you copied this thread from warez-bb,

Whatever, thanks anyway, although if ppl don't have a premium then they can't do it.
    Hehehe...its not coppied mate. That thread over there is mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information