Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6917 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    crazy-coderz.net

Default ovh rescue mode

my server had some screwed up hardware and ovh fixed it. they put the server on rescue mode and gave me a page where i can test the hardware.

the problem is that i cant get out of it. i followed all the instructions correctly and i still cant get out of rescue mode. now i hear that they need to reinstall the operating system and wipe out everything in order to get out of it.

i do have backups but it dates back to almost 2 weeks. i was told that the backups werent working because of the hardware.

so how do i get out of rescue mode without having ovh reinstall the operating system?
    seeweed Reviewed by seeweed on . ovh rescue mode my server had some screwed up hardware and ovh fixed it. they put the server on rescue mode and gave me a page where i can test the hardware. the problem is that i cant get out of it. i followed all the instructions correctly and i still cant get out of rescue mode. now i hear that they need to reinstall the operating system and wipe out everything in order to get out of it. i do have backups but it dates back to almost 2 weeks. i was told that the backups werent working because of the Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Have you tried asking them yourself?

No point asking here I think, best bet for all these issues is to ask the datacenter it self.

Website's:
    greatseeder.com
    Have you tried the following:

Login to OVH Manager. Select your server and click at 'Services'
    -> 'Netboot'

Than you should see the following:

Change 'rescue-pro' into 'hd' and click 'Validate'

Once done reboot the server (Services -> Reboot).

---
    I think you already tried this so you might also want to try the following:
    Do the same steps as mentioned above, but once you have rebooted wait for 5 minutes and change NetBoot to 'rescue-pro' and Reboot.

If you see errors please copy and paste them here.

Website's:
    crazy-coderz.net
    i just sent in an angry ticket.

yes i did try asking them. they say to reboot from the hd. i'm doing everything right.

i've had the worst fucking luck.

greatseeder, there are no errors. the server just stops responding after i reboot, hard or soft. so they have to fix it and in order for them to fix it, they put the server back on rescue mode. this has been going on for 2 fucking days.

You will find they wont help you at all, there solution to everything is to re-install the server.

You will have to wait upto 30 minutes for the server to come online, and if it doesnt you will need to boot into rescue pro mode & mount the drive & then check the logs to find the error (or download backups)

If there isnt a huge amount of data to backup I can do it for you.

Website's:
    greatseeder.com
    Quote Originally Posted by seeweed View Post
    i just sent in an angry ticket.

yes i did try asking them. they say to reboot from the hd. i'm doing everything right.

i've had the worst fucking luck.

greatseeder, there are no errors. the server just stops responding after i reboot, hard or soft. so they have to fix it and in order for them to fix it, they put the server back on rescue mode. this has been going on for 2 fucking days.
    Standard Procedure, if they have no idea what to do they'll change the Netboot to Rescue-Pro. Sometimes I can only laugh, like they'll offer you a mountable 500GB USB Drive to put your data on before you perform the re-installation (not free - and you can't cancel it, 17.85 p/month).

Download the data to your home machine, reinstall and upload again.
    Thats the best thing you can do.

Your last option would be to contact Oles, please make sure you keep the message as short as possible but describe your situation properly.
    oles@ovh.net

Website's:
    Google.com
    Nice Work greatseder , hope he can fix what he got

The partitions tables look screwed so not worth trying to fix it.

I made backups for him and gave http links
    and converted the database back to .sql format for him.

So he should be back online soon.

Website's:
    crazy-coderz.net
    thanks, gavo. very appreciative, man.

fucking ovh. but, it happens. i just don't understand why you NEED to re-install the operating system and wipe out everything just to get rid of rescue mode.

thanks to everyone else as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information