Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61625 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default ZeroSec Sold | The Site is Dead

ZeroSec Sold to New Owners, Site Falling Apart

ReeGed, the founding member of ZeroSec.ws and one the original 7 that defected from RlsLog.net nearly 18 months ago, announced a few days ago that ZeroSec has been sold to an unnamed buyer. More likely than not, this was the last nail in the coffin for a release blog that’s already been struggling lately to keep up with the scene. In addition to ReeGed, two other key ZS admins have also stepped down - and in fact all three admins have now been locked out of the site. It all goes downhill after that (no fault to ReeGed & Co), as new popup ads will surely repulse even the most devout readers. Somewhere nearby, Martin is silently smirking.

ZeroSec - The Announcement:
    Regarding Recent Changes - By ReeGed:

As there has been a lot of concern recently about the ownership of ZeroSec and some of the malicious ads that have been put up on the frontpage, I hope to bring some more understanding as to how and why this has happened in this post.

First of all let me confirm that Pandaking, Untamed and I have intended to step down as admins of ZeroSec for quite some time now. A mixture of lack of time, lack of ambition for the project and excitement for other web based plans caused us to attempt to find someone interested in taking this project over.

We knew that finding someone with the same ideals for ZeroSec as us would be nearly impossible, but we saw interest in many directions. For quite some time now we’ve had plans for other projects and the only way to fully engage those plans would be to either completely end ZeroSec as a site, or pass it on to a new owner. We felt that the most reasonable solution for both our visitors and ourselves would be the latter.

Unfortunately as control of the site was passed on to the new adminship, some of the key points we asked for (such as a goodbye post) were forgotten. Our accounts have been removed and we’re currently unable to do anything about it without the approval of the new owner, which we will get in due time.

Either way, the intention of leaving the site in new hands was always to enable the rise of a new site, Project X. This is an as of yet unnamed site which we hope to develop if everything goes as planned, but will require some startup capital.

Regarding the mobile pop-up ads, we have been promised that they will be removed shortly. Also, you can expect a goodbye post from Pandaking, Untamed and myself in the coming couple of days.

Source: ZeroSec Forums - 2010-01-19 @ 18:21
    Current editors were not informed beforehand of such an impending sale by ReeGed. It’s also unclear as to how much the site was sold for, but apparently ReeGed stated in a ZS sales pitch on a "private auction" (in which the site was reportedly sold on) that the site was taking in $800 a month from ads - which is very plausible considering their traffic. Anyone who knows anything about the inner workings on how to buy/sell a website can agree that generally the value of a site is normally calculated by the past 12-months revenue, which in this case would be ~$10,000. An offer much lower than this would clearly be rejected by any smart seller.

Lack of Editors…

As it stands now, ZeroSec has just six high-level editors on the site. And with ReeGed, pandaking and Untamed already having their WordPress accounts disabled it’s doubtful they’ll have the drive left to carry out what they planned: helping the new owners get to their feet, even implementing the "beta" site that was planned with a heap of new user-end features.

There’s still no word on whether or not current editors will stay on with ZS in the long haul; although most have stayed aboard while waiting to speak with the new owners in regards to the direction of the site. From what we gather, existing staff/editors have not yet been contacted by the new owners, who have chosen to remain silent at this time.

Personal Opinion
    ZS is dying not because they have sold the site its because the lack of editors thats why reeged sold the whole shit .... why lack of editors? you cant post your own links beng an editor you just provide releases "info" that why oneddl and rslog are getting good traffic and more editors also ZS since a few months ago had a lot of fake linksNote: Scorff is making 90% of the posts now.. LAST MAN STANDING

If you need a good release blog you can check out
    http://www.scnsrc.net
    http://www.rlslog.net
    http://www.oneddl.com
    http://www.irfree.com
    http://scenereleases.info
    http://www.hq-uploads.com
    IPMGS Reviewed by IPMGS on . ZeroSec Sold | The Site is Dead ZeroSec Sold to New Owners, Site Falling Apart ReeGed, the founding member of ZeroSec.ws and one the original 7 that defected from RlsLog.net nearly 18 months ago, announced a few days ago that ZeroSec has been sold to an unnamed buyer. More likely than not, this was the last nail in the coffin for a release blog that’s already been struggling lately to keep up with the scene. In addition to ReeGed, two other key ZS admins have also stepped down - and in fact all three admins have now been Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Bow Chicka Wow Wow!!
    Website's:
    scenerls.org wrz.co
    /care.

I prefer rlslog

I use rslog.Not a fan of zerosec.

Google Corp.
    @play_avi - every one of your posts on KWWH is a fail.

@topic - zerosec was obviously not doing very well, their updates wire extremely late compared to their competitors and all I can say is good luck to the new owners. Hopefully they will start to pick up soon
    Life asked Death: "Why do people love me, but hate you?"
    Death responded: "Because you're a beautiful lie and I'm the painful truth."

Banned
    Right now: RSLOG FTW
    if zerosec gets new editors that can post their own links they will win
    better design + more info etc

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    What's up with RSLog at the moment? It was down the last two days and now their's a link on the site saying it's for sale? It's in Chinese but it's for sale if you translate it.

also if anyone can add to the list of scene release sites on the first page let me know. I don't want to know your warez sites, I want sites similar to the ones mentioned.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Website's:
    ithangout.ro
    Now that explains the lack of releases on zerosec ..

rlslog

Banned
    Is that why i have to enter a code everytime i view that site?

Website's:
    reddit.com
    Who cares.. There are millions of blogs anyway :/
    I design free logos. click here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information