Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61686 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PS3 Hacked

In yo face! Straight from Geohot himself… You know, the first person who successfully unlocked the iPhone, has again outdone himself: he’s hacked the PS3. Oooh — that must feel good.
    Read it and weep… To quote Geohot verbatim –

I have read/write access to the entire system memory, and HV level access to the processor. In other words, I have hacked the PS3. The rest is just software. And reversing. I have a lot of reversing ahead of me, as I now have dumps of LV0 and LV1. I've also dumped the NAND without removing it or a modchip.

3 years, 2 months, 11 days...thats a pretty secure system

Took 5 weeks, 3 in Boston, 2 here, very simple hardware cleverly applied, and some not so simple software.

Shout out to George Kharrat from iPhoneMod Brasil for giving me this PS3 a year and a half ago to hack. Sorry it took me so long

As far as the exploit goes, I'm not revealing it yet. The theory isn't really patchable, but they can make implementations much harder. Also, for obvious reasons I can't post dumps. I'm hoping to find the decryption keys and post them, but they may be embedded in hardware. Hopefully keys are setup like the iPhone's KBAG.

The source came from geohotps3 where he has proof.

http://geohotps3 (dot) blogspot (dot) com
    DeLeTeD Reviewed by DeLeTeD on . PS3 Hacked In yo face! Straight from Geohot himself… You know, the first person who successfully unlocked the iPhone, has again outdone himself: he’s hacked the PS3. Oooh — that must feel good. Read it and weep… To quote Geohot verbatim – The source came from geohotps3 where he has proof. Rating: 5
    Please follow signature rules

2.   Sponsored Links

about fucking time
    i bet sony are hella pissed
    Signature too big, removed by staff.

yea I dont blame them, although I still believe when released they will patch it rather fast. Im not sure his method so maybe it wont or cant be patched. Who knows.
    Please follow signature rules

Yea hopefuly this one will stick it was nearly hacked a year ago but sony got ontop of it and fixed the hole

Read this last night and yeah damn sony must have some secure shit if it took over 3 years for him to do it.

This will be awesome if he releases this for everyone and it can't be patched
    YAY!

Probation
    Website's:
    IMGCafe.Com HostHET.Com
    Quite cool alot of work in it though

Website's:
    SceneRLS.org
    Epic win.

GEOHOT gives me a C0D3B0N3R

^lmao

Quote Originally Posted by SceneMan View Post
    Read this last night and yeah damn sony must have some secure shit if it took over 3 years for him to do it.

This will be awesome if he releases this for everyone and it can't be patched
    Yea they didn't want what happened to the psp happen to the ps3 so making sure it couldn't get hacked was their main priority and clearly they failed like they always do

Yeah,

I don't no if this is right or not but didn't PARADOX first hack the ps3 with something but a member of their group either got kicked out or got pissed off with the rest of the group he went and sold what they did to Sony for like $3mil.
    YAY!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information