Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62355 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Banned
    Website's:
    orangevps.com

Default DNS System

Hello,

I know i sound like a noob asking this.

But know hosts where they have like nameservers, ns1.vpsland.com ns2.vpsland.com for a example,

And then any of the vps or shared hosting account if they update there domain to them nameservers, how do they do it so it will auto set the ip to that server, if you get wat i mean. wat dns system would i need
    Angeix Reviewed by Angeix on . DNS System Hello, I know i sound like a noob asking this. But know hosts where they have like nameservers, ns1.vpsland.com ns2.vpsland.com for a example, And then any of the vps or shared hosting account if they update there domain to them nameservers, how do they do it so it will auto set the ip to that server, if you get wat i mean. wat dns system would i need Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

What do you mean? Nothing you said makes sense.

Banned
    Website's:
    orangevps.com
    Hello, I mean,

So for instance a dns system i add a servers ip to, so for instance if i have 50 servers and i had 2 main nameservers ns1 and ns2 so when someone creates a account onto a cpanel server with the ns1 and ns2 nameservers it would then point that domain to that server.

Website's:
    server-monkey.com
    dns is ran on two servers, ns1 and ns2. you would have a primary A record for each domain that will point to the correct server.

Well if im correct, you would just need an IP Range of 50 ip's.
    Then just setup the name servers to 2 of the ip's, and then it should point to the server (if you use cpanel and such, or w/e softare it already includes things to set it up for you) you shouldn't have to set anything up manually. Like the guy above said it can be some with A records, but the software can just do it for you.

Sometimes host's cannot just use ns1 and ns2 for multiple servers, sometimes you need to use more like ns3 snd ns4, etc.

Banned
    Website's:
    orangevps.com

Default Thanks

Thanks that is wat i needed to know,

I didin't know you can have multi ips on each servers nameservers

basically name servers maps a domain to a server which holds/has all other records Like A, Mx, SOA, etc..of the domain..
    so mainly you create the nameservers and ask all your clients to use them , so that you can just "A" name and point it to an Ip..
    Coding Horror Fan
    I don't read PM's frequently .

Website's:
    CodeSociety.net
    not sure if it was said not reading it. if u point 2 or more ips to the same domain it will go to both, switch between them all, just like if u go to irc.efnet.net irc.efnet.net will map to alot of servers

Thread Information