Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61038 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default watchfamilyguyonline.net takedown

hi

my friends site watchfamilguyonline.net has been plagued with takedown notices from fox themselves but has always managed to survive.But now the rich buggers at fox have threatened my friend with legal procedings.The have threatened to sue him 150.000 dollars a episode on there.Now at first i sugested to my frined to move from his german server to my hong kong one as i thought he may be safe there.But as he has a donation button on his site of course they can get paypal to give them the address and they have his home address now.So he has finally decided to give up on it and take it down in the next 2 days.
    Do you think this is right for fox to threaten my friend even though the site is hosted in a country where it is legal
    priviet02 Reviewed by priviet02 on . watchfamilyguyonline.net takedown hi my friends site watchfamilguyonline.net has been plagued with takedown notices from fox themselves but has always managed to survive.But now the rich buggers at fox have threatened my friend with legal procedings.The have threatened to sue him 150.000 dollars a episode on there.Now at first i sugested to my frined to move from his german server to my hong kong one as i thought he may be safe there.But as he has a donation button on his site of course they can get paypal to give them the Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Developer
    Lol I can try hosting the site for him if he wants? Anyway FOX Have the right to threaten him as its there stuff, but if its legal in the country its absloutely fine! That would be harsh of them to charge 150$ per episode he may have loadz on there! Anyways Good luck to your friend!

well hes taking the site down for now as he dosent want any trouble...But i think if they take down my friends site why cant he take down other peoples family guy sites as they are much bigger and my freinds site only uses 60-80gb of bw a month.So its acctually very very small...But i said to him to open under a different domain and logo

Website's:
    WRZhost.com WExplain.com
    I've been hosting a 11k alexa rank familyguy site for ages now and never received a complaint from fox.
    Any questions? Want to make money?My Online Marketing Forum
    WRZhost offshore hosting! Still the best offshore hosting after 7 years! Hongkong,Russia,NL,Germany

Website's:
    iGotMusic.org NitroRoms.com GamersFire.com
    thats funny, i was just watching some family guy episodes using a leeching streaming like one of those yesterday! lol

Anyway, if he has off-shore hosting, FOX actually is only scaring him, they cannot do anything because DMCA is for USA only, and they are a US-based company.

However Germany is not a safe place anymore, NL/China is though to be better.

In my opinion they cannot do anything, but since he lives in the US, he should take it down to avoid conflict.

Lesson of the day: Stop putting your paypals on public donations!!! KTHXBYE!

yep i agree .I said to him its a mistake .Thanks for all your comments people

Website's:
    WRZhost.com WExplain.com
    I've been hosting warchfamilyguy for a while and today I received an abuse mail while they are not on our servers anymore,fox really wants this site down.

Attention WRZhost:
    Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation (“Fox”) is the owner of exclusive rights protected under copyright law and other intellectual property laws in many motion pictures and television programs including the television series entitled FAMILY GUY ("Fox Properties").
    Unauthorized copies of FAMILY GUY are being offered from the web site http://watchfamilyguyonline.net, which we understand is hosted by WRZhost.
    Please help coordinate the immediate removal of all links to illegal copies of Fox content offered on the http://watchfamilyguyonline.net website including those listed below:

links.....

This website also makes illegal use of artwork and trademarks associated with Fox's copyrighted content. We hereby demand that you, as the owner of the network operator for http://watchfamilyguyonline.net, stop the unauthorized distribution, copying and/or sale of FAMILY GUY by the infringer by removing or disabling users' access to the infringer's online location.
    This email is not a complete statement of Fox's rights in connection with this matter, and nothing contained herein constitutes an express or implied waiver of any rights, remedies, or defenses of Fox in connection with this matter, all of which are expressly reserved.

Sincerely,
    Any questions? Want to make money?My Online Marketing Forum
    WRZhost offshore hosting! Still the best offshore hosting after 7 years! Hongkong,Russia,NL,Germany

Well my friend removed the site as he thought he might get sued and he didnt want to put the host under any preasure.So tippie you dont have to worry i wont put my friends site back on the hosting as i dont want you to get any more letters.Anyway he has moved the site to germany and put a different url for the site

He actually hosted episodes on his server and streamed them from there?

no he never hosted them on the server he just embeded them from videos he uploaded onto megavideo and stuff like dat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information