Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61222 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Question Offshore Domain Reg Confusion

Hi guys, I?m about to embark on my first warez project and could do with a little advice concerning the domain registration. I?m based in the UK so anonymity is crucial. I had settled on YaHost.org but I guess I have trust issues and I?m now thinking it?s probably way too easy for a truly anonymous registrar (ie. They never have your contact details) to screw you on domain ownership.

I?m now leaning towards Hong Kong based private registration. Would giving my contact info to the registrar but the domain being registered privately give me any more claim to ownership than I would have with YaHost? Is it a really bad idea to give a registrar your details? Taking into account I?m UK based, is Hong Kong or Panama registration absolutely necessary, or would Sweden or the Netherlands give me the protection I?m looking for?

You views and recommendations (well established registrars only please) will be greatly appreciated. Especially those of the old timers that really know what they?re talking about?

Thanks guys
    Twitch Reviewed by Twitch on . Offshore Domain Reg Confusion Hi guys, I?m about to embark on my first warez project and could do with a little advice concerning the domain registration. I?m based in the UK so anonymity is crucial. I had settled on YaHost.org but I guess I have trust issues and I?m now thinking it?s probably way too easy for a truly anonymous registrar (ie. They never have your contact details) to screw you on domain ownership. I?m now leaning towards Hong Kong based private registration. Would giving my contact info to the registrar Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    X4B.org
    The major issue is hosting not registra, go namecheap ive never had any major issues with them.

Cheers SplitIce, I?ve just taken a look at namecheap and as their name implies, nice and cheap. Could they not just be subpoenaed to hand over your info? I?ve read many articles concerning client?s identity being disclosed with no more than a strongly worded letter! I know there are good and bad registrars, but aren?t any based in the US an easy target under DMCA?

Website's:
    smellis.info
    i agree with split ice the problems more with the hosting than the registar
    S.M.Ellis - building, roofing & joinery

building in fife - roofing in fife - joinery in fife
    http://smellis.info

Thread Information