Hey!

I am currently planning on starting my own website, but I am "afraid" that I won't have a clue on what to do after I buy my domain from a domain name registrar. I know that a hosting solution is required to store all website content.

I am a total newbie when it comes to this. I have used free services like Webs and Wordpress, but I now want to start my very own site.

I have so many questions I hope you can help me with! Alright, here goes:

1. Is the host required to be at the domain registrar? I mean, if I register a domain with GoDaddy and want a hosting solution from HostGator or something like that, is that possible?

2. Is it even possible to run a website with only little knowledge on HTML and actually no knowledge on CSS?

3. Are there any good easy-to-use template companies that offer high quality (and editable?) templates?

My website will offer a "Member's area" from where I want to offer re-curring billing subscriptions. So if you have experience on "how to" and "where to" please let me know about this as well! I have browsed several sites regarding this, only to get more and more confused.

I have a lot more questions, but I won't bore you with all of them, so if you could help me answer the questions above, I'd be very grateful!

UZ
UnimatrixZero Reviewed by UnimatrixZero on . Newbie need advice on "HOW TO" Hey! I am currently planning on starting my own website, but I am "afraid" that I won't have a clue on what to do after I buy my domain from a domain name registrar. I know that a hosting solution is required to store all website content. I am a total newbie when it comes to this. I have used free services like Webs and Wordpress, but I now want to start my very own site. I have so many questions I hope you can help me with! Alright, here goes: 1. Is the host required to be at the Rating: 5